cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TECO Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am doing an enhancement i.e system should not allow to do the teco when there is committment or stock against wbs/project.  we used BADI, workbreakdown_structure.  we identified around 16 to 17 cases where there are committements or stock.

i.e 1. nonstock material pr,po, half grn,full grn,  -committement

2. service activity- pr, po entrysheet (half qty) and full qty.-committement

3. MRP run for stock items- po, grn, full grn, - committement and stock

4. manually created material (account assignement wbs) pr,po, half grn, and full grn-committment and stock.

We are reading from mspr table for stock, and  from cji5 report, committement.  Now it seems all the senarios are working as per our requirement.  However i do have following observations/doubts....

1. After WBS - TECO,
system allows material transfer ( movement type-415q - project WBS to other
project WBS, 412q- plant to project stock).
Is it std sap behaviour?

2. after teco, still system allows to make service entry sheet.  Is it  so?

3. after teco for that wbs system allows to
receive the material using MIGO. -  is it std sap behaviour?

If that is the case, then what is the objective/reason behind setting teco status?  Can anybody please elaborate what are the transactions are allowed and what not when wbs has status teco....

and also suggest me whether to implement above enhancement or not because unnecessarily we are preventing system to perform...

I thought of using user status for this but again user can change the user status and carry forward the transactions. 

is there any alternatives or note available for the same.

Please reply...

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

All the examples you listed above, more or less result into actual postings. TECO status allows actual postings. This is standard SAP behavior.

Go through SAP help to understand what happens when you set the TECO status. This is a pretty basic query and answer to this can be found in SAP Help. Excerpt from SAP help says,

"You use this status for WBS elements that are completed from a technical point of view, but where you still expect costs to accrue."

Regards,

Gokul