cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get File with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some information about the possibility to get a file(like a .jpg or an .doc) out of the system(R/3) with XI and XML!

Have someone any experience i such a case??

Thanks for help

best regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Also see the below links

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

ref:

/thread/305443 [original link is broken]

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes you can do it in Xi, But you would have to use Adapter modules either in sender side or in receiver side..

Regards

Chilla...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

if you just want data from R/3 in a file(like a .jpg or an .doc), then in R/3 go to SE38....Create an ABAP executable report for it.....run the report your output will be generated.........

So if this is your only req, then you dont need XI for this thing.....Alone R/3 can do this thing for you.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

thanks for your answer but i need a case with xi becuase i want get the file in an xi scenario!

Do you have any ideas?

regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can send file in XI .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Ok.....if you want to use XI, then see for .doc or .txt file its simple.....you can have a reciever file adapter......in this you can do a file content conversion and then you can generate a comma-separated file or tab-delimited file for your target data.......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

thanks for the answer, but i don't want to do a content conversion! I want get a file out of the system and save this file in it's original format (for example .doc or ,jpg).

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Alexander you can do that dont use concten conversion in sending file adapter and reciver file adapter and make the file type as binary at both ends.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

see then you have a problem if you dont want to use content conversion.....if your source file is .doc then how will XI understand it.......XI internally only understands XML.......So you will have to do a content conversion to form an XML structure for your source file.......the similar thing happens for reciever end also.......you have an xml file to which after content conversion you form your desired output.....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta