cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control from Credit Note to Credit Memo Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

After I set the copy control parameters in my billing doc, source - credit memo request & Target - Credit memo,

I could not find my condition types to be copied from my credit memo request.

I have infact set the pricing type to D - Copy pricing elements unchanged.

Can you let me know if I had missed anything?

Also, to clarify on this credit concept. Say that we sent 2 pieces of a product worth $100 each & if it happened that the customer returned 1 piece , we can create a credit memo request via VA01 for the part that customer returns & if the pricing condition is $100, we create a condition value $100 back to the customer.

So further create a credit note where this $100 is copied from Credit Memo request order type.

This is the concept of credit correct me if i am wrong

regds,

a

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u will try <b>CR Credit Memo Request from F2 Invoice - VTAF

Next check in item category TAN</b> <b>in Pricing Type D</b>

Rewards point it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pri,

Give me your mail ID I can send you some screen shot of the Copy control set from Credit memo request to credit memo.

To clarify on Credit.

In the first instaance we have supplied 2 items to customer and Billed them. Now he has returned one material to account for this returned material you can create a returns order and complete the cycle and then create a credit memo for the returned material.

ELSE

You only want to adjust for billing. Then when we have already billed customer for 2 items and out of which 1 item is returned and hence we have to give him credit memo for 1 item i.e $100 in your case.

The condition value in Credit Memo Request (G2) would be taken from standard conition type PR00 only.

FIRST Create a credit Memo Request (G2) in VA01

CMR is set with a billing block

Go to VA02 and remove the block

Create a Credit memo Using VF01 using Billing Type G2. The system will copy the data from CMR to Credit memo once you set the Copy control in VTFA

REWARD IF IT HELPS

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pri,

In some systems Credit memo Request in VA01 Could either be G2/CR

Go to VTFA and then G2N Item Category

SOurce: G2/CR Target : G2

Copy Requirements: 002

Data VBRK/VBRP: 002

Billing Quantity: A

Pricing type: D

REWARD IF IT HELPS

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srini that was very useful !

My id is puppysap@yahoo.com.sg

I have 1 more question. Actually we set manual condition price in our Sales Orders.

My request for Credit memo, is if the price we charge the customer was too high, then we need to issue them a credit memo.

If this is the case, I should not be copying the pricing from my SO correct? Becos it is actually the wrong price (may be we overcharged the customer).

So should I change the "Pricing type" to C - to allow to enter manually in my credit memo.

I can give you a scenario.

Say in my SO we maintain the price manually as $1800 for a product. But by right the correct price is only $1200.

So I need to issue a credit memo to the customer $600.

Pls advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pri,

You can set the Pricing Type to C. If you select C what system does is it will copy the manual pricing elements and redtermine others - MEANS It will redtermine things like Taxes and Frieght etc. But this alone will not help us as for ex in sales order you have entered as 1800 it will copy 1800 only to billing and you will not be able to change in Billing.

I think you have to assign the same pricing procedure to the Billing Type and make this condition type for Price (PR00) as Manual in your pricing Procedure V/08.

Try This and i am sure this will work out. I have also sent some screen shots thr mail. Pl give feedback.

REWARD IF IT HELPS

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini, but I don't think there is a pricing procedure in billing type....

any alternative?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pri,

Why not check what is the DPP assigned to G2 and also to the Credit Memo Reuest are they same?

Reagrds

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean Document Pricing Procedure in G2 & CR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pri,

Yes. Document Pricing procedure assigned to CR (VOV8) assign the same to billing type, the screen shot I sent.

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u will try <b>CR Credit Memo Request from F2 Invoice</b> <b>- VTAF</b>

item category TAN Also

Rewards point it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I don't quite understand.

Pls can you explain in detail?