cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Data Quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm having some confusion in Solution Manager Administration >> Infrastructure >> BW Reporting >> System Reporting >> Data Quality there are a lot of red lights.

Red for System Performance, User Activity, CPU, Database, Database Availability, File System, Host Availability, Instance Availability, Main Memory, Paging Rate & System Availability.

There is no information I can find behind these red lights. Do these indicate that the BW extractor isn’t working or that there are alerts or thresholds exceeded in the monitoring object?

The extractor framework is working for the most part, just a few not working.

Is this Data Quality for the reporting in work center System Monitoring >> Proactive Monitoring >> IT Performance Reporting? There are a couple places in there that have a red light but it doesn’t correspond to all the red lights mentioned above. For example CPU is red for HRD above but...

…in the actual report it is green. Or is the red data quality referring to the brief 100% utilized period.

Or is the data quality for some other reporting area in another work center.

Well, thanks everybody, hopefully I can track this down.

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

elena_colado
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

These red errors don't mean an error in the data.

It is just a summary to see if there is correct data in all existing reports.

But a red icon can just mean that you don't have a metric activated in your system, because, for example, you don't need such report and you don't need to consume resources on storing it then.

So, it is better if you check the reports that you are interested on, and in case you see a red icon there (at the right top side), then look for the concrete reason.

Anyway there are two notes we recommend to apply:

2149927BI Diagnostic Center: Red status for data quality for database availability and
2246130Red status for data quality in interactive reporting if system ID and database

Best regards,
Elena

dominik_kastner
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

i think this lights indicates wether data exists in the specific bw cubes.

With data i mean, working extractors which deliver monitoring data that is retrieved from the active metrics in the templates (host, database, SAP,...).

Here is note, which shows some of the needed metrics to get the bw reporting working:

1909531 - Metrics in Interactive Reporting - Solution Manager 7.1

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

That's really helpful but doesn't really explain the traffic lights.

Even for SolMan I have Red lights on File System, Host Availability and Paging Rate under J2EE Systems.  SolMan doesn't even appear under SAP Basis Systems for some reason. And under hosts Host Availability, File System and paging is red.

In fact for Host Availability Overview and Host all my hosts are red.

Thanks

Craig

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK I found out why Host Availability is missing.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1744084

This is the reason and resolution thanks to this thread

Cheers

Craig

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would also like to know what controls the traffic lights as they don't seem to really indicate no data or errors as far as I can tell.

Cheers

Craig

0 Kudos

Mine is all green , except for CPU and DB utilization , help will be MUCH appreciated. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same problem, did you figure out what was going on?

I would appreciate any input you may have on the issue.

Thank you!!