cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE TO FILE SCENARIO FULL BBDD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have develop several file to file scenarios, just in the role of FTP, no mapping is required. The total volumen of the files that i´m moving is 2GB, in diferent files and diferent scenarios. The issue that we are experimenting is that the BBDD of XI grows 2 GB any time I execute the escenarios and this space is not free after the execution. Any explication or way to free this space? Any idea why this is happening?

Many thnaks in advance for the help

Regards

Noelia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont think XI's file adapter can pick a 2 GB file.

Write a script to Zip the file before XI picks it up and then unzip it again on the Receievr File Adapter.

Look into this blog,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi many thnaks for your help

the is not a 2gb file. There are many files with diferents scenarios I mean several Comunication channel. The problem is that the server goes down because any time I execute it the XI db grows 2gb and there is not space for growing 2 gb any time I executed the scenarios, this space is not free after the execution.

Thnaks for your help

Regards

Noelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you delete or take backup of the processed files so that db is not full .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sreeram,

Maybe i´m not understanding what you mean. I´m not saving the processed files, i don´t know why the db is growing. The sender communication channel are archiving the files in a folder in the source FTP.

Many thnaks

Regards

Noelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

As this being aschorouse interface and XI gaurantees delivery of all XI messages it received . so it stores the messges in XI server until it delivery sucesfully.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ohh i understand, and exacly where are them stored to delete them?

Thanks

Regards

Noelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure on this contact your basis guys on this

please reward points

regards

Sreram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

<i>I have develop several file to file scenarios, just in the role of FTP, no mapping is required.</i> - then why are you using XI for just FTP.....instead make a simple FTP scripts in your OS for FTP and then make executable batch files for these FTP scripts in your OS.....execute these batch files and your files will be moved.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m using XI because are the requirements of the customer!

thanks and regards

Noelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

ok......then in XI, just create sender file comm channels.......give in OS command, the batch file for FTP script to run......activate the comm channels......your file will be moved......no need for complete scenario configuration for it......

if this also does not help you, ask your basis guys to do a quicksizing of your XI system or increase the physical memory, cache memory and if possible, add more processors to your XI system for parallel processing.........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help.

The problem is that I haven't got any basic guys here. Can you provide me some info about how to do the sizing, cache memory add more processors to your XI system for parallel processing.

And also Why the db is growing too much and not free this space when the processing is finish.

Many thanks again

regards

Noelia

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernandez,

While at the time of installing the XI Server, did you perform Sizing.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but i´m not the basis person and I haven´t got any one here at this proyect, how can i check if the sizing is done?

THanks for your help

Regards

Noelia