cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have TAB item category and no Sales Order Stock (E)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a business scenario where I want to have a sales order line item trigger the direct procurement of a material, however when I perform the GR against the purchase order (triggered from sales order item cat TAB > Pur Req > PO) I want the inventory to go into regular warehouse stock.

I made a copy of TAB and changed the "Special Stock" indicator in config to blank, but this didn't help.

I know it is a strange requirement, any ideas?

Regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know it is a strange requirement,

If nothing is strange, then there is no job for analysts/developers.

Did you check the schedule line category that you have assigned to the Z-item category (t.code VOV5)? In the schedule line category (t.code VOV6), make the field Acct.Assignment category as blank and then test.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help. Each piece of advice sent me down a "rabbit hole" trying to find a solution but I actually think after much testing it is not possible. Let me explain my findings and then maybe you guys might have other ideas?

So for Shiva, config doesn't allow a blank value for account assignment against the item cat so I couldn't do that.

For G. Lakshmipathi, this advice was good, except we have a problem there. The special stock indicator is not configurable there as you mentioned, because it seems to actually be coming from the account assignment category assigned to the requirements class. So I created a new account assignment category with special stock = blank. Unfortunately, as soon as you remove the "E" from this field, SAP provides a warning saying:

Account assignment category W cannot be used in Purchasing

Message no. 06840

Diagnosis

Account assignment category W has no special stock indicator although the
consumption indicator E has been set.

System Response

The account assignment category cannot be used in purchasing documents.

Procedure

Use a different account assignment category or change the system setting.

So I continued on anyway, and then also assigned this new account assignment to the item category as well.

When I went to create the sales order I got an error that the account assignment cannot be used because it is not relevant for purchasing.

So I think perhaps what I want is not possible in standard system. Any other ideas?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Account assignment category W cannot be used in Purchasing

Message no. 06840

Go to IMG > Materials Management > Purchasing > Environment Data > Define Attributes of System Messages.   There select this message number 06-840 and check whether it is E or W assigned.  If it is E, you can try changing it to W so that system will give only warning message and you can ignore that and proceed further.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I went ,Whatever you have provided path,that screen totally display mode instead of that one I searched in above Icons also but there was no option to change  .if you don't mind can you tell ,How to change ?

In above Icons had also display mode options.

Side Comment : I have checked in My ideas and Development Server also.

Thanks,

Naren

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my development client, I could see in editable mode

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this message is not available in my ECC6 system for edit... at least not through Purchasing config menu. I tried adding it and entering a "W" message type but still received a hard error when I went to create the sales order..... so I don't know if this is possible.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

I asked my senior SD Guy about this screen as how to get change mode this screen .He said ,as client 400 Development Server had only display mode screens not Editable Mode Screens.

I have one doubt regarding this why my management has taken this type of action on this cleint 400.Can you tell ,if you know ? 

Side Comment : I wonder why because I didn't observe and don't know before but now I had access to that client that's why I went there.

Thanks for found by you this one in my system gi.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark ,

You can consider the option of changing Requirement Type determination for TAB as "011" if it meets your requirement.

Regards

Vinu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from Shiva's suggestion, you also need to modify your Requirement Class in OVZG where for normally, MTO scenarios,  by default "E" would be there against the field "Special Stock" for Requirement Classes like 040, 042, 043 etc.  But if you copy these  standard Requirement classes, you cannot modify the "E" since it would be greyed out.  So you have to consider an alternate Requirement Class where this field is blank and copy other data in line with any of the above Requirement Classes.

G. Lakshmipathi