cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative quantity appears in source storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have one TO 36230 created and the material with stock 1,844 EA  has been moved from storage type 911 to 260 and the transfer order has been confirmed.Normally when the TO has been confirmed in LS26 transaction the stock should be 1844 EA in available stock  in 260 storage type and zero stock in 911 storage type but the system is showing as -1844 EA in storage type 911.Attaching the screen shots.Can you please give your inputs

Regards

susmita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Susmitha ,

Negative stock gets updated in source 911 because system couldn't find stock in source 911 while creating transfer order.

As you have mentioned that in previous cases stock was not negative ,  i presume that you might have missed intermediate stock movement  to storage type 911 in above case.

You need to make stock movement to 911 to negate those negative quantity's.

Just for my understanding could you please share  buisness process.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please confirm if issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi joshy,

I think the issue is due to negative stock allowed .Thank you

susmita

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

wait, you moved it from 911? On you screenshot it says 911 is "GI zone for cost center" (or similar), So the only standard process would be that you get a negative quant by posting a GI, then create the TO to move the material into 911 and the negative quant would be dissolved. What was the reason to create the TO?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the issue could be because of moving the SU managed stock from interim storage type to SU managed storage type because interim storage types cannot be SU managed.

Regards

Vijay