cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block sales order items for return orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to block certain sales order items for returns.

To be more specific: I have some goods that are sold at promotional prices. I want to be certain that no return order can be made for those particular sales order items. For the same goods, if they are not sold in a promotion, a retur order can be made.

We do not have a different item category for promotional items. We make only a change of price for those goods or we give an extra discount.

It is possible to maintain some date for the sales order item level so that no return orders can be made?

Or it is possible to block retur orders for those materials, for a period of time, from the master material data?

Thank you!

Daniela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela ,

It would be easy if you can identify the difference between the promotional one and the normal one with the help of some fields. you can use "Additional Data A" in the line item in the sales order which flows till billing.

So in the copy control between invoice and return order, you can built your logic to restrict it.

Regards

Vinu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniela,

Physically how does your company differentiate between same material sold in promotional price and normal price?

Or is that not important, what is important is if 10EA are sold in normal price, then RE orders can not exceed 10EA quantity, of a particular material?

Thank you for sharing!

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW,

The returns are made with reference to the invoice.

So, is important that the return orders do not exceed the quantities from the initial invoices.

We don't make physical differences between materials sold at promotional price and normal price.

Daniela

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor

Hello Daniela,

Though many approaches are avaliable & some already suggested for your problem, as a permanent solution I will suggest the following:

Have a seperate Item Category for Promotional Items (Items sold at Promotional Prices). This new Item Category will have exactly same controls as Normal Item Category, but atleat in system we will have different Item Category for Promotional & Normal Items.

The person creating Sales Order will have to manually change Item Category to Promotion item Category.

Now do not maintain copy control for Promotional Item Category from Invoice to Returns Order, so any User will not be able to create Returns order for Promotionals Items.

The Advantagles of above will be :

1. This will be a permanent & full-proof system

2. You will be able to generate Reports in future over Quantity / Value of Promotional Item issues to Customer based on Item Category (which currently is not available).

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

I can see the below options available for your query by amending them in the copying requirement (copy control):

1)You can check the copy control between sales order and return order document type. However we need to identify this item based some characteristic value like condition group 1 to 5 (available fields) and you can exclude (sy-subrc = 4) them in the copying requirement, so that they won't get copied to the return order.

2)Otherwise, if you are using a specific dicount condition type for promotion items we can mention that in the copying requirement. To identify this condition type from KONV table and exclude this item from copying if it is present in the sales order.

3) And also we can identify the condition type is changed manually or not (KNOV-KMPRS) in order to exclude them by using copy requirement.

Best Regards,

Naga

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naga,

some characteristic value like condition group 1 to 5 (available fields)

In the sales order, where is condition group field?

Thank you, in advance!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniela,

1. Please highlight what is / are the differences (in configuration or transaction data) between when return is possible and when return is not possible.

This difference has to be consistent. On the basis of this some logic could be built.

2. If you have some materials for which RE order should not be created. Then a list of materials can be created in exclusion list. This exclusion procedure can be assigned to the RE sales document type.

But I think a material can be blocked (i.e. no RE order created) & can be permitted to be created in the RE order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello TW,

Here is the problem, I can't make a strict difference between when return is possible and when the return is not possible.

For e.g. I have a material:

One time I sell it to one client at the price list. For this order item I can make a return.

Another time I sell the same material to the same client but with a promotional price and with the condition that he can not return that good. In this case I want to block the return.

In both cases I used the same order type, the same item category and the same condition price.

This decision for return blocking is made by the price analyst or by the sales adviser.

When the price analyst maintains a promotional price list I want him to be able to make changes in the material master data to block the returns for those materials sold at promotional prices.

When the sales adviser gives an extra discount I want him to have the posibility to block the return at the sales item level.

Thank you,

Daniela

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniela,

Create a new item category (e.g. ZZRN = return not permitted), this would be identical to the already existing item category (e.g. ZZRP = return permitted).

In copy control, VTAF, VTAA do not configure item category ZZRN, for RE order type < F2 or OR.

Manually action would have to be done, whenever pricing analyst / sales advisor / order entry staff creates a promotional sale, the item category should be changed to ZZRN (from ZZRP).

This way would not require any ABAP code.