Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Assignment with LSMW- Not Getting Role Name As Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to create LSMW script for role assignment. I am facing strange issue- when I am doing recording (SU01/SU10) it is not taking role name as Parameter.

I have created n numbers of scripts with similar procedure but its not working only for this system. Please let me know if I have to do any specific setting.

Thanks

GV

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

GV,

When recording, you only need to ensure that the relevant fields are "in focus" which means that the recording recognized that this is a field that needs input.

In a SU01 screen you are allowed to enter 20 roles at one go (that's how many I know), all you will need to do is shift the focus for each row while recording, you should have 20 parameters identified.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I am pasting only one role. Please let me know if I have to make any settings to make in focus, below is what I am getting..

SU10 User Mass Maintenance

SAPLSUID_MAINTENANCE 1051

BDC_CURSOR                     SUID_ST_BNAME-BNAME(0
        BDC_OKCODE                     =CHAN
        SUID_ST_BNAME-BNAME(01)                     USERID               U

SAPLSUID_MAINTENANCE 1100

BDC_OKCODE                     =ACTG
        BDC_SUBSCR                     SAPLSUID_MAINTENANCE
        BDC_CURSOR                     GS_ADDR_OTHERS-COMP_N

SAPLSUID_MAINTENANCE 1100

BDC_OKCODE                     =UPD
        BDC_SUBSCR                     SAPLSUID_MAINTENANCE
        GS_NODE_ROLES_X-ADD            X

You can see user name is coming as parameter but no role name.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Are you following the below steps while recording?

1. Go to SU10 (this is the most suitable transaction for role assignment through scripts).

2. Type in or CTRL+V user ids and hit enter.

3. Click on the Change icon and move to the Role Assignment tab

4. Type or CTRL+V role names and their validity date and hit enter (please do not F4 and select roles).

5. Click on Save button or press CTRL+S

If you still don't find role field in the recording, try clicking on the manually add screen field button on the top and check if the role field is available there.

PS: LSMW scripts doesn't work efficiently in CUA systems.

Thanks,

Deb

0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

I am following the same process but no luck

Regards,

Gaurav

0 Kudos

Hi,

Why is this screen field coming up? Are you doing this is CUA system?

GS_NODE_ROLES_X-ADD            X

Can you run the above script in Foreground and see what's happening? Is it just skipping the sreen for Roles addition and saving data?

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

A single LSMW script to create users and assign them roles will be tricky to create. I would suggest to split into two separate scripts.

Thanks,

Varun Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I too faced the same issue when creating some LSMW scripts. I wrote a separate script for new user creation and a separte 1 for assigning roles. Since the role field was not reflecting when i used su01 or su10 tcode, i tried to use the pfcg tcode. Yes, it works with pfcg

0 Kudos

Hi

You might as well assign using PFCG instead of LSMW in that case. For multiple roles (and different per user) LSMW after SU01 user creation LSMW should work fine. SU10 for role assignment - see LOTS of threads for this so search first! 🙂

Cheers

David