Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Installation of SAP GUI

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured sap gui installation server and configured LSH in NW sap setup admin tool. Now the gui server status is also shows active in right footer of admin tool.

I have tried to execute \\192.168.9.245\sapguiserver\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="ZSAPGUI730" from end user's computer by pasting url in run and gui is installed sucessfully.

My question is if i want to install gui to all computers who have gui 710, 720 etc.

Do i need to go each and every computer and run this url?. If this is the case i feel its nothing but putting installation files into share folder and installing from share folder.

If i add this script as a logon script what if i add new package with other name ZXXYYMMKK. In this case do i need to change url to \\192.168.9.245\sapguiserver\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="ZXXYYMMKK"

What do i need to do if i want to install gui to all machines with out going to their machines/with out adding logon script.

I will be glad if some can give inputs and experiences to administer gui server based on their experiences.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mahesh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created a .bat for this, which installs the script:

net use \\<server>\<share>\Setup /user:<user> <password> /persistent:no

\\<server>\<share>\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /package="<packagename"

I distributed the script via policies to the neccessary clients, thats it.

Hope this helps

Jann

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please suggest...

@ Moderator : If possible could you please move this thread to http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh, This is the correct Forum.