cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Delivery Date Calculation: Lead Time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a scenario that I am testing your input

I would like to know if the following is possible - I need the Sales Order ( VA01) to automatically calculate the Delivery Date based on the following scenario :-

Scenario –

Customer 12345 can only be delivered on Mondays and Wednesdays but it takes our Plant 2 days to deliver to that customer. The date today is
the 3rd December, Monday,  but I need the system to choose next week Monday (10th December) because even though Wednesday is the next open delivery date it falls within the actual delivery time which is a no no.

• I have implemented DSD - so i can see the Customer Master  DSD Calendar – via the Sales Area Information Tab

• And I would like to use the  Route Transit time (Transit duration in calendar days) to create the lead Time

I don’t want to use specific customer calendars (SCAL) because we have Sales Orgs with different divisions and each division has the customer open
for delivery on certain days.

Any input would be highly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks using customer master DSD calendar and route details, you can fulfill the requirements. You can assign 3 day route in the sales order and check the results. Note that the customer master calendar should have Monday and Wednesday only as working day.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

OK, the DSD Calendar is working (Customer Master--> Sales
Area Information (DSD), it shows the available days for delivery of a customer (from the Visit Plan).

I create an order and it showed the next available date, whichis great.

That was the first part, now I need to work in a lead time (where it takes the plant 3 days to deliver to the customer)...so that the system can calculate if the next available delivery date does not fall within the lead 3 day rule.

Cheers,

Fats

former_member209023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fats,

Transit time (difference in RDD and GI date) – Time needed for goods to reach customer. It comes from route

Loading time (difference in GI date and loading date): Time needed for goods loading. It comes from shipping point

Pick/pack time : Time needed for picking/packing. it comes from shipping point

Lead time : Time required for arranging transportation. It comes from route

System starts from customer RDD and find out MAD and transportation planning date. Delivery must be created on earliest of these dates.

Best Regards,

Nagaraj B Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Nagaraj, for the reply.

What I need to know is what is needed to implement the Transportation lead time in calendar days( OVTC) in Route, since DSD calendar is working all i want is to implement a function that will take in account the days is will take to deliver to a customer.

Both the customer master DSD calendar and Transportation lead time in OVTC has to function together to issue an available delivery date.

Tough hey 😉

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer the help at this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/5607da545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm  Use the parameters departure zone (shipping point), shipping conditions (customer master), transportation group (material master) and destination zone (ship-to customer master) to create a three day route in t.code 0VTC. Then test by creating a new sales order.

Regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nagaraj Patil

Moderator Remarks:

Content of your post is copied from following link:

- http://sap-sd-discussion.blogspot.co.uk/2008/01/forwardbackward-scheduling.html?m=1

Plagiarism is strictly prohibited in SCN. Kindly adhere the Rules of engagement or you will invite a strict action.

former_member209023
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti Prakash,

Thanks a lot for pointing out my slip; my apology for the same.

Being into consulting with hectic schedule no one has patience/time to type each word; Entire globe do copy from somewhere and post it here with cosmetic change to actual content.

Nagaraj B Patil

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Entire globe do copy from somewhere and post it here with cosmetic change to actual content.

This is NOT a correct statement. Many of the forum members here are posting the contents based on what they learnt/learning/and from their past experience. Even though we don't have time, copy+pasting will not justify our actions. And professional world never accept plagiarism as a way of helping others.

Kind regards,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nagaraj Patil

Whatever may be the reason or purpose, Plagiarism is strictly prohibited in SCN.

If you wish to review rules of engagement at SCN, please refer following link:

- Rules of engagement.

I hope you will definitely adhere the rules of engagement for the future contributions.

Keep contributing and build your reputation.

Best wishes,

Jyoti Prakash