cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can some one tell me what happens when we check keep attachments option in the SOAP receiver CC. Does XI send an attachment to the webservice or it will receive an attachment from webservice? If XI sends an attachment to the webservice, what is the procedure to recieve an attachment from the webservice?

Scenario:

My scenario is XI will expose a webservice on sender side. This will send data to the receiver webservice. The receiver webservice will return some data and an attachment. This should be sent as response to the calling webservice.Could someone please tell me if this is possible ?

webservice1-->XI->-webservice2

Both are synchronous and webservice2 returns an attachment which should be sent to webservice1. I hope i am clear.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Only when the sender provides attachments additionaliy to the payload, the SOAP adapter can send attachments . The payload is sent as a part of the SOAP body.

Xi cannot create attachments from messages.

In my opinion, u may develop a UDF for that may create and attach any attachment.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case sender sends some details (payload not attachment) and receiver receives the same and generates an attachment.That attachment has to be sent back to the sender.

Regards,

Sudheer

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is possible.

Keep attachment means: When an attachment comes, then pass it. If none comes, it is OK as well.

Regards

Stefan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In my opinion, u may develop a UDF for that may

> create and attach any attachment.

This is not possible. You cannot read, alter, create attachments during mapping. You can do this only in a self-written adapter module.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Now i am clear with half of my doubt. In the scenario i have explained, the attachment given by the receiver has to be passed to sender which is a webservice again. What should be done for this ?Does Checking the keep attachments option in the sender CC alone is enough or not ? Please tell me if you have come across the following things to test the above said scenario.

1) A webservice that accepts some input and gives some output as an attachment.

2) A webservcie client that is capable of receiving attachments.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sudheer

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to check 'keep attachments' in sender and receiver channel as well.

I have not tested the scenario with the SOAP response (only for request) but I do not see any reason that it should not work.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have similar issue.

I tried with 'keep attachments' checked in Soap sender and receiver channel.

I tried to test the scenario with ALTOVA.

It gives the message "Web service has sent empty response".

but there is an attachment in XI.

The SOAP Payload in XI looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Request Message Mapping

-->

- <SAP:Manifest xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xmlns:wsu="http://www.docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd" wsu:Id="wsuid-manifest-5CABE13F5C59AB7FE10000000A1551F7">

- <SAP:Payload xlink:href="cid:viewer">

<SAP:Name>attachment-1</SAP:Name>

<SAP:Description>attachment</SAP:Description>

<SAP:Type>ApplicationAttachment</SAP:Type>

</SAP:Payload>

</SAP:Manifest>

Please help...

Thanks,

Beena.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is really interesting, I believe the attachments from the receiver will be taken as the attachment to the XML package inside SAP XI and sent back to sender as the attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

if you click on attachements then if you the attachemnts of the webservices message to be included in the XI message you can check that option.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy