cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compatibility between IDM and sapjco3.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Do you know if IDM is compatible with the last sapjco3.jar available on the market?

It's working with sapjco2.x but impossible to do the same with the sapjco3.

I got this error :

Unhandled Error in DSERuntime - Exception:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/mw/jco/JCO

I also use the jre1.6 and I have seen that sapjco2.x and jre1.6 could not working good with each other...should i use jre1.4?

thank you,

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPJco3 will be included with version 7.2 SP7

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem in fact came from the files local_policy.jar et US_export_policy.jar that weren't included in the java installation. After copy/paste them into the good folder on the server, the password decryption works fine.

Some threads already describe the problem, as does sap note n°1240081.

Cheers,

Clotilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question is of course: Why do you need this? IDM itself is perfectly happy with sapjco2 (as you figured out yourself) and you can always use sapjco3 for your own projects.

The error above points to problems with your java class path. Please check this.

Is this IDM 7.1 or 7.2? It's not clear from your post.

I always use the Sun (now Oracle) 1.6 JDK 32 bits for my dispatchers and Identity Center....

Message was edited by: Sietze Roorda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Why do I need this? when I use sapJCO 2.x, I got an issue :

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect. I thought may-be it comes from RFC connexion.

I've seen  note 549268 :

"Please note that JCo 2.1 is not compatible with any JSE/JRE version 1.5 and

higher. Using objects of class java.math.BigDecimal with any JCo 2.1 getter- or

setter-method in this unsupported environment will result in an exception and/or

wrong field values."

But when I put the password directly in the pass instead of using repository, it works good. So I changed my mind and now think it's an encryption/decryption issue.

I use IDM 7.2 sp5. I try with jre 1.4 and jre 1.6 but I get he same issues (logon faied).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this exactly means what it says: There is something wrong with the password.

• JRE 1.6 32-bits works (don't install the 64 bit version though). Both the SAP and the Oracle version work.
  • Sapjco2 works as well. There is no need to install this separately anymore. Just use the one that is installed during the run time installation.
  • Don't bother with JRE 1.4.

Also make sure that you install the right JDBC driver library. Especially the MS SQL Driver is a little bit picky.