Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict with value help Expense Types + CCC

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

System Information: ECC 6.0 EHP4 SP 51 Stack 11

I've stumbled upon another strange system behaviour and wanted to check whether any of you have observed something similar.

My special department required me to restrict the expense types selectable in the WDA for the expense sheet for receipts (payed receipts from the company must not be possible for employees to enter/select manually). I've done so within BADI TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING and it does work. However, we also use credit card clearing. Now, when I try to assign a credit card receipt to a trip, the field for the expense type is cleared and the system goes haywire.

I suspect that the assignment from the cc-buffer to the receipt list accesses the same value help the employee accesses and since I removed the payed receipt entries.... well

Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does anbody have an idea?

Major Problem: Restricting the selectable expense types in FITE_VC_RECEIPTS without crippling the communication with the Credit Card Buffer WDYN.

Cheers, Lukas

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, , I promised I'd invite you. Here we go.

I have raised an OSS message to SAP concerning the system behaviour described in my opening post and got knocked back by the global support á la "the current system behaviour makes sense and is sufficient and we won't change it, sorry, good day". A calm (I'm TAKING PAINS OVER IT...) inquiry from me after that with perfectly logical and persuading arguments and detailed proposals how to improve the system (which I could charge good money for) gets copy-pasted to death with nearly the exact same litany followed by SAP Note #12 (this is even worse than #11 since it claims the overly competent global support provided me with a solution, whereas they did point me to a BADI for a crippled workaround I already thought of, "THANKS BRO I can read the sap.help and IMG documentation too!").

I'm not contributing on the SCN forums for others sake, though others do benefit from my expertise and I'm pretty sure I do deflect a nice lot of questions from the apparently overchallenged global support with my activity on the travel management forums. Although most of the people I help are grateful, SAP obviously is not.

Maybe I should print out SAP Note #11 and #12 on Flyers, spread them and call myself "Senior Consultant".

Bah, Fiddlesticks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bwoah! You scored a SAP Note 12!  😉

That is a sure sign that the supporter is a seasoned deflector so from my experience you will not get much further there and getting upset will only be bad for your health.

Here is a suggestion from me: field sy-cprog will hold the calling program's name. In the case of the credit card clearing WDA, skip the restriction.

Alternately (and better actually) is to perform an AUTHORITY-CHECK against a semanticly correct object to test whether the user may select the expense type, then via roles for the applications you can propose the correct authorizations to display, matchcode, assign, etc them in the applications.

If you can find a standard object in SU21 which already performs this semantic, then you have a good chance to show the support that it is a program error due to a missing authorition check and not a nice to have feature. In the case of CC data, you also have some legal backing...

Cheers,

Julius