cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Sales order header and item in SAP Netweaver Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have created a gateway service for (CRUD) Operation every thing is working fine for me. But when i am updating i am not able to update Sales order header and Item , as i am not able to link both header and item at a time.But when i was creating SO i was able to do in Deep Entity but in Update i am not sure how to do, So please if you guys had come over this can you help me out in solving this.

Regards

Swethun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also checked for such a thing. But nothing i found. Hence i am doing it via 2 updates as of now.

Get the header record - >Update the header -> Traverse to the item from header -> Update the item.

Regards

Gururaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this seems to be helpful as per now, till we get a proper answer. thanks a lot.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swethun,

to my knowledge, there is no 'deep_update' (which would be very nice 2 have), 'deep_insert' is all we have, so I see only a 2-step update solution here

regards

Dirk

CarlosRoggan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Swethun,

I regret, but unfortunately, the proper answer is that what you're asking for is not supported.

It isn't even specified in odata.org

From my perspective, it would very much make sense.Moreover, as you mentioned, since there's support for $expand and deep_insert.

I don't see any technical reason for that.

What you can do is to use a $batch operation, in order to combine the 2 update-operations which Gururaj has correctly explained.

More info here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp05/helpdata/en/56/d0cc05b564411e841141f68294e29f/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Not Active Contributor

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swethun,

Have you find the solution for this?

Thanks,

Syam