cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Scheduling not working for product selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using material determination. The substitution reason is defined with the following values:

Strategy: Blank (Automatic Selection)

Outcome: B (As in A but only when creating the item in Sales)

Substitution Category: Blank

When we are creating a sales order with an end of stock material A, the material is replaced by material B.

Material B is not in stock currently. But no forward scheduling takes place for Material B and the confirmed quantity is 0.

Can anyone please help why forward scheduling is not taking place for the substitute material and how this can be corrected?

Just for information, when we enter Material B directly in sales order, forward scheduling is taking place.

Please let me know if any additional information is required.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy ,

When you created the Substitution reason, did you copied from the existing one in the standard?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy ,

Check the item category triggered for the substituted item and the relevent settings.

Vinu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

Please explain, why we should check item category for forward scheduling?

Side comment: If someone said check schedule line category (especially field Availability), it would be understandable to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W ,

Yes. I agree with you as item category doesn't have direct influence on the scheduling. Usually when you use Outcome B in Material Determination, new item category determines.

So that is why i have mentioned that to check the relevant settings also which includes "Schedule Line Category"

Regards

Vinu