cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

managed system configuration PI in solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi team,

we have enabled the SLD bridge forwarding from PI 7.3 SLD to solution manager SLD, after the LMDB job that runs incrementally the ABAP stack of the PI is created but not the java stack,  under Technical systems in Managed system configuration. The abap stack is created as SID_Extended ID,

in the technical scenarios its created as dual stack but there is no java stack assignment, even the software component versions for java stack are missing.

not sure why is this strange behaviour or if its a bug, its creating only ABAP stack of the product instance, is there anything that I'm missing.

my solman version is on 7.1, SP04

please share your thoughts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Durga,

Kindly note that SLD system is always recommended to be on the highest version as compared to other systems in your landscape connected to it.
Therefore, before upgrading other systems make sure that SLD system is on a higher or atleast equal level.

For compatibility checks for SLD kindly review the following SAP Notes
    954820 - Compatibility of SLD in the system landscape
  1309239 - Configuration Wizard: PI NetWeaver initial setup

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhishek,

the PI has local SLD running on 7.3, we are doing SLD bridge forwarding to Solution manager 7.1 SLD, which will eventually create technical systems under " Managed system configuration" in solman.

"

after the LMDB job that runs incrementally the ABAP stack of the PI is created but not the java stack,  under Technical systems in Managed system configuration. The abap stack is created as SID_Extended ID,

in the technical scenarios its created as dual stack but there is no java stack assignment, even the software component versions for java stack are missing.

not sure why is this strange behaviour or if its a bug, its creating only ABAP stack of the product instance, is there anything that I'm missing. "

Note: I can see the ABAP stack and java stack of PI server in the solution manger SLD( which is a central SLD for us) but its the same in LMDB