At present the problem is:

1. Material M1 with stock of 100 KG is in bin Rack-B1

2. Do 413/Blank movement to assign WH stock to Sales Order stock, PCN created

3. Due to some X reason, TO not created for PCN

4. No do the reversal of 413, PCN created and TO also created

5. Now stock position is as follows:

(104-Rack-B1)    100 KG + 100 KG

(922-TR-ZONE) -100 KG

This negative quantities become more and more. To avoid this case, I am planning to stop "allowing Negative quantity" for the interim storage bin 922. So that immediate action will be taken once the get the error message during movement 413.

What will be the impact other than this error message?

PS: In our WH setup, stock placement is manual and all TO confirmation is automatic.

Regards,

Sham.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sham ,

Kindly provide details of  IM movement performed which is resulting in PC creation in WM.

Provide screen shot of error mesage while creating transfer order for posting change.

Thanks

jinoy

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jinoy,

Due to some reason it is not creating TO. But my concern is not that.

Since we allow this negative stock in interim storage bins, it is allowing the system to create negative quants. Still SAP is recommending for interim bins.

My question is if I disable "Allow negative stock" in the interim storage bin, will it be any impact in the system?

Regards,

Sham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sham ,

Problem can be solved efficiently if we identify error while transfer order creation than changing interim storage types.

Thanks

Jinoy

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"My question is if I disable "Allow negative stock" in the interim storage bin, will it be any impact in the system?"

No, it will not have any impact. It will also not help you with your problem, you will still get negative quantites, because through what you are doing this is not really influenced through this setting, resp. you get even bigger problems when you do postings on the MM side but do not reflect them properly on the WM side.

Jinoy is right, you need to solve your real problem.

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please confirm if issue is resolved.

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jinoy,

My question is answered. I decided not to de-activate "Allow Negative Qty" for interim bins.

As Juergen mentioned, that will not solve my problem.

Regards,

Sham.