cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote WAS J2EE Engine Connection Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Exports

I have installed the NWDS in my local Machine. Also I have downloaded the DC's from XI server. But I am not able to deploy the Application in Portal development server. Before deploying the application I am trying to connect the NWDS with Remote WAS J2ee Engine under Window->Preferences->SAP Enterprise Portal->SAP J2EE Engine

Here I have given the message server host and port details like: Host=ramxiluz137, Port= 3925

Then I refreshed the J2ee Engine under Window->Show Views->J2ee Engine and I am getting an error like:

Access to the resource [host=ramxiluz137/130.201.22.76 port=3925] has been denied by policy.The detailed error I have attached in Attach File option

Could somebody please let me know what is this error mean and why I am not able to connect to J2EE engine.

And when I pinged to this message server in cmd I am getting the response like:

C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN>ping ramxiluz137

Pinging ramxiluz137 [130.201.22.76] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 130.201.22.76:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Please provide any information that I can forward to the basis guy, and will help me in troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks, and appreciate any help.

Rashmita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Now I have changed the message server port no from 3925 to 3620 as per my Basis team's suggestion. Still I am not able to connect to the remote j2ee engine from NWDS.

But after I changed the port no now I am not getting error like: "Access to the Resource [Host=ramxiluz137/130.201.22.76, port = 3925] has been denied by policy. This usually means that the access policy in your profile is not configured to allow access to the resource."

When I checked whether the j2ee engine has connected from NWDS through window->Show View->j2ee engine, I am getting the below screen.

Kindly suggest me what is the solution of this issue. Its very urgent for me. I am waiting for your valuable suggestion.

Regards

Rashmita Parida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmita ,

This seems to be an issue with Network rather than NWDS issue .i think even Ping result are negative . it would be better to ask your Basis or Network guys to ask exact host name with domain name etc .. it your server might running different domain ..

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I agree, if you can't even ping that machine then I would think this is about some network problem.

First attempt to achieve that this machine can be reached (can be pinged) and if let us know if after this you still face issues when registering this j2ee engine in NWDS.

One other hint regarding the message server port (but again this is only relevant once this machine is accessible) is that you go to http:<host>:<port>/monitoring/SystemInfo and there you can see what is the exact message server port of the j2ee engine in question, so this way you can at least rule out the possibility of using a wrong port number.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Thanks a lot  for your response. But I checked the message server status. It is up and working fine.

And about the network problem my basis team unable to check the network issue. Please guide me how I will check whether there is any connection issue. And I checked the Port no 3620 is also correct. How I will check if the port is enabled or disabled or anything related to port issue. Please help me. Its very urgent for me. Waiting for suggestion.

Regards

Rashmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. But I checked with my Basis team and Port no and host no is correct and the server is also up and working fine. So how will fix this issue Please suggest me. Its very urgent for me.

Regards

Rashmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmita,

Before we check the server connection from NWDS we need to be sure whether ping for the server host (ramxiluz137) is working fine from your desktop . is  ping is fine ? . even after this you get an error you may need to get the error log form NWDS .In NWDS Windows -> show view -> erro log . then try to reproduce the error . all NWDS related error are shown in this view. get the error  .

or try to get log file from your workspace under .metadata folder or where ever it exists under your workspace folder .

Regards,

Rakesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Thanks a lot for your quick response. According to your suggestion when I pinged to the host ramxiluz137 in cmd i am getting a response like "request time out". And Can you please suggest me what i need to do so that I can ping to this server. My basis team is not awar about this. And secondly You suggested to check the Error Log file..But in Window-> Show View there is no Error Log file. Can you please guide me how I will get this error file so that I will share with my Basis team . MAy be it will help them to understand this issue.

Its my kind request to guide me to solve the issue. Its urgent for me.

Regards

Rashmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmita ,

As i said it not Basis who resolves this issue its your network team who resolve this issue .

otherwise ask your Basis team for your server complete address (which may like ramxiluz137 .<some name>.com ) . ask them is there load balance URL exist for this server.  other wise ask them in which domain the exits so the you can use ramxiluz137 .<domainname> like this to access .

you can even try with IP address if possible .

Until less ping is not working this is not a NWDS issue . what ever logs you get from NWDS these results into similar ping issue .

Finally you have to ask your network/Basis team together to resolve this issue . you can share your ping result with basis to prove that given URL is not reachable form your computer.

Regards,

Rakesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Thanks a Lot foe your valuable suggestion. I am trying to ping this host as well as IP of this host in my teammates system also. There also I am getting the same response like "request Timed out".

So can you please suggest is it a network issue or anything else. please suggest elaborately so that i can explain to the basis team also.Please guide me.

Regards

Rashmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Thanks a Lot foe your valuable suggestion. I am trying to ping this host as well as IP of this host in my teammates system also. There also I am getting the same response like "request Timed out".

So can you please suggest is it a network issue or anything else. please suggest elaborately so that i can explain to the basis team also.Please guide me.

Regards

Rashmita

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is nothing really we can suggest here.

You have to talk to your own network admin colleagues to figure out why that host cannot be pinged from your client machine.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

one addition:

If you would like to prove this, please run a permanent niping test scenario (note 500235, tescase 3b) with the niping server being started on your AS Java server host and the niping client

started on your SAP gateway host, e.g.

> niping -c -H <ASJavaHost> -P -D 600000 -L 5000 -V 3 -T niping.out

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmita ,

As Ervin said we cant help much in here.this issue needs to be verified by your Network team, you really need to talk to your network rather than Basis guys .

Did you ask your basis or network whether your server is in network ? are there any one who is able to access the server ? at least using with URL ? by any chance are you suing VPN connection for ths server ?

Regards,

Rakesh Kumar