cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Import load average time

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the generally observed MDM import load time through import server for 7.1 ? (assuming that sizing is done as per MDM sizing document)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

Import time would depend upon various factors:

• Number of matching fields used
  • Matching fields used are Sort Index Enabled or not
  • Number of fields to be imported

• So if you are using only 1 field, then it will be not take much time in matching activity and data would be imported quickly.

• In case of more number of fields in matching, then consequently it will take more time in matching step and hence more time in importing data.

• Similarly if we are using some fields for which Sort Index is not enabled(i.e. not set to Normal in Console) then it will have to search entire repository without any indexing which will lead to much more increase in time for doing the matching step and hence more time will be taken while import of data.

• Also it would depend upon the number of fields you are importing through MDIS for each record. More the number of fields, more time it will take. If you are importing data to qualified tables as well and multiple valued fields as well, then it would also depend upong the Qualified links for each record and the number of multiple values for each multi-valued field.

• One more factor here is that when you are using more than 1 field as matching fields, then matching step time would also depend upon if you are using those fields as combination or single fields only. There would be difference of matching time in each case so which will also decide the total time to import records into MDM.

• Apart from this, there could be some other factors like MDS.ini parameter settings related to import etc.

So you can see that there are many factors affecting the import time through MDIS and it would be difficult to provide some estimate in time dimensions. It would be better to monitor import of records for few days and then generalize it based upon the observations, because import time would be different in different environments(in your scenario and in my scenario or some 3rd person's scenario). I hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on number of factors like Paramaters set in MDIS.ini file e.g. Chunk size, Inter-Chunk Delay MS, Number of chunks processed in Parallel, Slicing, Interval etc

The load time also varies according to the number of records in the upload file/ repository/users performing tasks like downloading the data from data manager to excel etc.

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

The MDM Import Server (MDIS) automates the task of importing source data into MDM repositories by Simply placing an import file in a repository’s inbound port and MDIS processes it automatically.

Import time varies depending on time interval set under mdis.ini file. You may find the mdis.ini file under following path: D:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\MDM Import Server.

There is an option called "Interval" under mdis.ini file.. I am not able to upload sample file right now.

Will update it later for your reference.

Normally it varies from 60 seconds to 900 seconds or even more, based on your requirement.

Please let me know if any further queries.

Regards,

Ali