cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS settings..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap experts,

We installed sap content server and configured as standard .Its running now. consultants are uploaded documents from cv01n. client requirement is to implement for MM,SD,HR modules. Client maintaing separate server for dms.

how can i find document are not saved in sap db level ?

If so ,how can i restrict and what are the steps needed?

Thanking you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithal

We installed sap content server and configured as standard .Its running now. consultants are uploaded documents from cv01n. client requirement is to implement for MM,SD,HR modules. Client maintaing separate server for dms.

From your statement, I understand that you have already done "Storage system" (OAC0) and "Storage category" (OACT) configuration.

consultants are uploaded documents from cv01n.........

:

Your statement also clarifies that you have configured document type.

Ensure in the document type you are selecting KPRO for checking-in documents.

how can i find document are not saved in sap db level ?

If your configuration is fine as I mentioned above, you should not have any issue in finding documents that are stored in your content server.

If so ,how can i restrict and what are the steps needed?

Read SAP help on DMS. Regarding restrictions, you can do it using ACL &/ using user roles. Get your requirement & discuss with your basis consultant.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh,

In dms, Technical set up everything ok.

Let me know how can i suggest to MM,SD,PP consultants to upload documents from cv01n.

I dont know further steps.here am the basis consultant and i have an idea about DMS.

give me one example i can go through that. i dont know these type of Question to be discuss here.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nithal,

I feel sorry for your situation. You should have undergone Document Management System training from SAP or any other formal training. Without knowing the module, you are attempting to implement it. It's not all good idea & it's risky.

My sincere advice to you is, hire an experienced  DMS consultant or else go for quick training. It's 3 days training from SAP.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou amaresh,

Oh its a 3 days of traing, am ready to learn . let me know how can i approach for traing from sap. Here is  any SCN user will provide traing on dms welcome.... 

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Oh its a 3 days of traing, am ready to learn . let me know how can i approach for traing from sap. 

Where are you based out of? You should approach your local SAP training partner.

For example in India, there are authorized training partners like Genovate, ATOS, NIIT etc...

Here is  any SCN user will provide traing on dms welcome.... 

I'm sure there will be guys here to do this. But this forum is not for such discussions. You should approach individuals directly, if they have provided contact information on the SCN profile.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal