cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Levelling any way to level equal products in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to spread out any capacity leveling in SNP evenly to all products.

eg. If I have to reduce from 100% to 95%, I want all products within the resource to all be reduced by the same amount, ie down from 100% to 95%, and then move any excess quantities forward.

Has anyone found a way to do this?

1. Standard heuristics, seems only able to prioritise certain products, or large or small orders, which ends up massively changing the product mix, and so reducing some products, not others (sometimes even INCREASES some products when trying to reduce total)

2. SNP Optimizer. Tried this, within capacity leveling, and got similar results, and no way to smooth that I can see.

3. Tried implementing the BADI capacity leveling, but though I can jump into this BADI and enter an order in /SAPAPO/SNP_CAP and it loads into the log table CT_CAPLOG_DETAIL, and then I lose track of where it is going, or trying to do.

4. Looking at Macros, though struggling to figure out a way to get the SNP capacity resource view to talk to the product detail.

5. Some potential in the expanded product view within the SNP capacity view to drill down into all the products, and then can manipulate manually input numbers into the quantities, but fairly manual method.

Has anyone managed to do this?
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Temp,

Our business is facing the same requirements, i'm very interested to know how you managed in the end.

Regards, Tony

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

We ended up building a macro. Opens up the product level and then in one key figure it saves the current data.
ie the product view of the capacity/resource planning book.
Then we box in a specific time fence. eg 6 months (we have a 4 month and 6 month macro)
and then the user enters proposed percent. eg 100%, and then each product is stepped through
in the macro and adjusted proportionately, and then the "remainder" is tossed into the final
month/time period of the (eg 6 month period).
The macro got more complicated as I wrote it. ie it steps forward adjusting, and then has
to step backwards again to get rid of any negative numbers, but so far it works OK.
Let me know if you want the macro and maybe my bosses will let it out either for free or sell it!

j

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

First of all, thanks for your reply! I'm quite interested in the Macro you built.

Did you consider minimal lot size and rounding value, as i assume simply applying a macro to calculate new quantity by percentage will not take lot-size and rounding into account. also in case if you put all the reminders to the last bucket, how about if wk1 have overcapacity and wk2 has undercapacity?

Would that be possible for you to share with me your macro to my email: italychina@gmail.com ?

Thanks! Tony

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Will send you an email.

The macro does not consider lot size or rounding. It puts the new values in "as if entered manually", and so this over-rides all the settings. This is OK for us as we are then sending our SNP data to PPDS, and on conversion we set it to then recalc the values based on lot sizes, so we get our lot sizes back when the orders go from SNP to PPDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Temp,

It sounds like you want to have the system split each affected order into two parts, and then re-level the results.  I am not aware of any standard functionality in SNP that will perform this task.

Best Regards,

DB49