Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this possible and  supported by SAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

Please refer to SAP Note 1310037. The note suggests that SLES 11 SP1 is the minimum supported OS. The keyword there is 'minimum'. There's also a reference within the SAP Note for those who are upgrading to SP2 of SLES 11. I've installed HANA in a test environment on SLES 11 SP2 with no issues.

Regards,

Gary Elliott

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, Gary, thank you.

How about production environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see any issues with Production. I've only installed in a test environment and there were no issues at all. The SAP HANA Master Guide refers to SLES 11 and not a specific Support Pack. The note I referenced above is the supporting note referenced in the master guide for using SLES as an OS for a SAP System. As long as you follow the master guide and the note, you should be ok.

Regards,

Gary Elliott

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the same procedures.

Ok thank you all.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mathanponnucham
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP HANA is delivered as an appliance by SAP, hence there are inter-dependence between the combinaiton of hardware/HANA version/ SLES version that can be used. Each of this combinaiton is tested and certified by SAP.

More info regarding the same can be found in Product Availability Matrix.

Go to -> service.sap.com/pam -> search for HANA ->  SAP HANA Enterprise Edit 1.0 -> Open the pdf file in essentials section. It gives you the list of list of possible hardware/SAP HANA/ SLES combinaitons.

Rgds,

Mat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, but  where in this pdf i can find any information about SLES SP's (1 or 2) ?

mathanponnucham
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please do navigate as suggested by me above (or) use the link below.

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000701932011E

Rgds,

Mat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, i am not see.

My configuration support  SLES for SAP applications 11 - and  i don't understand what it's mean.

That support any SLES 11 SP's or only SLES 11.  

So uninformative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

The support I guess is currently for the following flavors, depending on your current hardware:

SLES11 SP1  and

SLES 11 for SAP Applications SP2

I believe, you should get SAP support for HANA installled on SLES 11 for SAP applications SP2.

regards,

Rahul

former_member189905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

why wouldn't it be not possible ?

On the server SLES 11 it's OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, correct - on SLES 11 SP2.

Are you have HANA on it and everything OK ?

former_member189905
Participant
0 Kudos

No problem to install Hana on the server SLES 11.