Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to capture the Link selected on Portal in WDA

jayakummar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

In the portal we have two links that is like open enrollment and modify Enrollment. Both are configured with the single ABAP Webdynpro Component via Portal IVIEW configuration. We need to differentiate these two link actions inside Webdynpro ABAP events, because the Webdynpro component event will be triggered for both the link selected on the Portal. So we are in the position to indentify the selected link on portal to differentiate the business process. We couldn’t get any solution on this. Kindly advice me to fix this issue, Your reply will be more helpful for my proceedings.

Thanks and Regards,

Jayakumar Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

iViews has a propterty called "application parameters". In there you can set for example enroll=modify and enroll=open. You can then catch this as an url parameter in your WD abap application to determine which iview the user came from. It is simply added to the url of your wd abap app like http://xxx.xxx.xxx&enroll=modify

BR Jan

jayakummar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Thomas

Thanks for your reply, Do we have any other option than IVIEW modification ( NWD ), Since we dont have a permission to do this from Business.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also create a different application configuration in SE80 but you will still have to insert this to one of the iviews so I think you have to modify the iview (but it is a very simple change). But I'm not an enrollment expert so can't say if there is another way but don't think so.