cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero disaggregated Value to Discontinued Customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Macro Experts

Notwithstanding the levels at which planners (intend to) plan and/or release future demand and nothwithstaning the reference key figure(s) for my disaggrgation, I want to implement this control

1) If a customer has a deletion flag set in ECC cust master table, there should always be a zero disaggregation quantity (of future data) to the customer effective from the week customer was discontinued (my storage is weeks and months).

2) Similarly if a Product is discontinued with a deletion flag in ECC material master table, there should always be zero quantity saved against this product in the time series for planning data (future) effective from the week the product was discontinued. This means if planner enters a demand of x qty against this product, a macro should make it zero by default. I understand, I should ideally use life cycle planning to model this phase out but that is something I wont trust the planners to do religiously as they may not be aware all the time that a product123 is discontinued.

How should I go about writing macros for these requirments. The macro syntax is truly intimidating. I manage to get this data as resp. attributes of customer and product. Customer = Active or Bye Bye, Product= Active or Inactive

Thanks

Guru    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru, disaggregation happens in liveCache, so not possible to control it by macro.

One way may work is, set the key figure to disaggregate based on another key figure. You adjust the value of the key figure act as proportional factor using macro -- set the value to zero for the products with deletion flag. And then trigger the re-disaggregation of the main key figure.

Maybe there're better options from others ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada for your prompt response.

Shouldn't it be the logical sequence that I first zero out the value against this discontinued customer and then trust the disaggregation in live cache to distribute the total quantity  (at some higher level e.g. product, family, brand etc) to the remaining n-1 customers ?

This will then ensure that next time when I load something in SDP94, I already see zero against the discontinued customer. May be I have a macro that runs in the background so that there are no surprises when I release this demand to SNP (which in my case is using Customer as descriptive char). Its another matter that SNP is smart to understand that customer location has deletion flag and hence nothing should be planned but I would like to plan the same for remainder customers.

Example: 10 customers, 1 product - 10000 planned

1 customer discontinued => (10000/10) + (1000/9) = demand for each of the remaining 9 customers..assuming the most basic case.

Let me discover and update.

Thanks

Guru

Answers (0)