Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM 4.0 - Is it possible to write spent hours through SM 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've had a very urgent question from the head of my department:

Is it possible to write my spent time/hours via the Solution Manager to a SAP-managed time sheet (like CATS)?

For example:

When I receive a call/support message and let's say that the start time begins when the status is changed to "In process" and the end time is when the status is changed to "Confirmed". The time between the beginning and ending should be logged/written somewhere. If we work on an hourly basis, then we eventually must bill all the spent hours to the customer.

I searched everywhere, but I cannot find anything..

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,

Michael Sital

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

It is possible to do this. With the right customizing in the IMG concerning the integration between Solution Manager and R/3. You should be able to fill in the hours spent on a certain service product in a Service confirmation (a follow-up transaction of support message).

When the spent hours are filled in a Service confirmation and you set the status of the confirmation to "completed". It will transfer the spent hours to CATS. Or if you set the item category of the confirmation to billing relevance it will also transfer the amount and the price to the Billing due list, so you can create a billing document of it.

Hope this information will help you get a little bit further on your research.

Regards,

Anthony Lim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Thank you so much for replying on my question! Your advice was already quite helpful to me!

But I was wondering if it was possible to measure the actual time spent solving a problem. Not all the time a message is in status "in Process" there is being worked on. I want to measure the pure time I've worked on a message, not the complete time from the statuses "In Process" to "Confirmed". The time actually spent on solving a problem is mostly less than the time between the statuses.

Hopefully you've got some pointers for me on this too!

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

Michael Sital

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ATC Lim

Is it possible to stop the clock for few minutes..

For Eg,

I have created a new Status profile in which i have two new statues vix Pending and requestor information,,

When i the status of the ticket is Either of the obove the Time calculation (ie the time for the ticket to End) should be stopped for that timespan,,

Or do u have any other workaround..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

I'm glad my previous answer has help you abit. To answer your next question:

There's not a way I can think of to measure the actual time spent on a problem by the system automatically. This you will have to fill in yourself in the field "actual duration" in the Service confirmation.

Like you said, the actual time is normally less than the time between the statusses, that's why there isn't other way to measure the exact spent time other than fill this in by yourself.

Regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony!

Sorry if I didn't react sooner.. I was quite busy and forgot to check the forums..

You answer helped alot But is it also possible to manually assign the spent hours to a call?

I hope you will answer me after all the time I left you without points =(

With kind regards,

Michael Sital

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes it is possible to assign the spent hours to a call manually. Normally we do this by selecting a (service) product and assign a certain amount (in this case: Hours).

This means you have to determine an item category to your transaction type. This way you can assign the spent hours to your calls.

Hope this will help. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

regards,

anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonhy,

I create a follow-up message service confirmation, but it's not working properly, appear the error : Service process 8000000135 cannot be confirmed due to its status.... this occur In anyone status . Can you help me ?

Thank you a lot..

Claudenir Bispo

Answers (0)