SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning by Dunning Procedure not creating proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured a basic dunning procedure to do dunning. When executing FPVA the open items are selected but are not proposed for dunning. I have checked the date of issue, dunning/posting locks. What am I missing?

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Del,

I would first suggest you to first check the application logs for the transaction FPVA, after you have executed your dunning proposal.

Before running the proposal run, make the problem class as additional information to get the detailed information in the application log.

I am sure you will get some reasons in the log.

In addition, you can also check the following-

(a) Is the dunning procedure for which the proposal is run, being assigned to the contarct account master of the account? If no, then it has to be updated at the contract account master.

(b) Is the account set up in direct debit?If yes, then it will not get picked in dunning.

(c) Is there an incomplete dunning proposal run for the account in the past? If yes, then the incomplete run has to be completed first and then the new items will be picked up.

(d) Is there any Credit Open Item siiting in the account which potentially can clear the debit open item for which the dunning is performed? If yes, then dunning run will not pick up the item.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for the response. I have check everything you suggested. Everything is ok. I am still missing something. The application logs still gives me 0 for the Dunning Notices in the Dunning Proposal. <Moderator note - content removed>

0 Kudos

Hi Delwynn,

You can check the following  as well-

(a)  Are the open items for which you are perfroming the dunning run, posted with clearing restriction 8?

You can find this clearing restriction field in the document under the payment data tab.

If yes, then it will not get picked in the dunning run.

(b) Check if there is any custom FM plugged in the event 0300 or not?

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I figured it out. It was the Company Code setting for collection strategy (collection grouping) that prevented dunning by dunning procedure. I can get my dunning proposal working. I'm working on getting the dunning activity run now to create and post charges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Del,

I am facing the same problems trying to get my dunning proposal to work. Would you mind sharing with me your findings? What parameters exactly did you adjust so that the dunning proposal could be creeated?

I'd really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Rosalba.

The conflict was that the Company Code had a setting for dunning by collection strategy instead of by dunning procedure. So under FICA --> Organizational Units --> Setup Company Codes for FICA, I made the entry in field "Collections Management Grouping level" blank. Then my dunning procedure level and activities worked just fine.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Del,

Thank you so much. It worked like a charm!