Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Digital Signature for Usage Decision

cristin_charbonneau
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning. 

Is it possible to enforce multiple digital signatures when making a usage decision on an inspection lot?

Thanks in advance,

Cristin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. it should be.  I just haven't done it!!!!

I believe it has to do with the signature strategy being used.  But I could easily be wrong on this.

FF

cristin_charbonneau
Participant
0 Kudos

I think it should be possible too but I can't find it with respect to inspections. I found it under Audit Management and under General Application Functions but I can't seem to find how to hook it in with QM.

I keep finding this note in documentation:

"An individual signature is only possible for results recording, usage decisions, and confirmation of physical-sample drawing."

(http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/4d/3eb678a8a21c91e10000000a42189e/frameset.htm)

I'm also not seeing the customizing paths referenced in the help.  Maybe this is only available with EnP6? We're on EhP5.

Cristin

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct.

As of SAP ECC 6.0, Enterprise Extension PLM, Enhancement Package 3 (EA-PLM 603), Business Function Quality Management Extensions (OPS_QM_EXTENSIONS), you can implement individual signatures and signature strategies.

Regards, DoWook KIM

cristin_charbonneau
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you!!!  It looks like OPS_QM_EXTENSIONS is currently not activated for us. That must be what is missing.

🙂

Cristin

cristin_charbonneau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DoWook and FireFighter.  It seems that activating the OPS_QM_EXTENSIONS is not enough to fulfill this requirement.  Multiple signatories on a usage decision is not an available feature at this time.

From SAP Support:

"Our QM developers confirmed that, for UD-transactions, only 'single'

sigantures are supported in the standard. 'Multiple' signatures are

only available for results recording.

Therefore, this is missing functionality and not an error."

Hopefully in a future release.

Cristin

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cristin

I have don all the config related to Signature Stragey and assign that stragegy to Material Authorization Group and assign that Authoriztion in QM View of that Material. But while seeing tha log through t-code DSAL againt that lot for which i did result recording. Strategy column is blank.

I have done the setting for Simple Signature also.

It is doing digital sign according to Simple Signature not using Signature Stragegy.

Can you help me in implementing multiple signaure in Result Recording.

Manish

cristin_charbonneau
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you started a new inspection lot from the beginning?  I have noticed that existing inspection lots won't pick up the signature strategy.

Cristin

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To. Cristin

Thank you for information.

I think sometimes SAP acts like a fool.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cristin

i have stated with new lot but it could not abe to pick up the strategy. It is doing digital signature by using Simple signature method.

Can you provide me the doc or flow for implementing the same so that strategy will pick up and i could able to find what i have missed.

Manish

cristin_charbonneau
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you released your signature strategy? 

I found Carl Dunlap's ASUG presentation very helpful.  Here is a link to the presentation the ASUG site: http://www.asug.com/discussions/docs/24603

Let me know if this helps.

Cristin

Answers (0)