cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma Invoice for Service Material with reference to Order

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to create the proforma Invoice for Service Material w.r.to Order.

I have maintained the copy controls in the VTAF and also maintained the item category as "TAD" at Item level.

I have tested by maintained the  Billing relevance in Item category"TAD" as "D","Blank","L" etc.

I have also maintained the billing type in sales document type as "F5" to pick the billing type as F5 default.

Still system is throwing an error stating " ITEM CATEGORY TAD IS NOT RELEVANT FOR PROFORMA INVOICE".

Kindly help me where I am doing mistake.

Regards,

SAQ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe for order related Proforma Invoice created with reference to sales order, the copying control is maintained in TCode VTFA, not VTAF.

Regards, JP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks Joythi,

It was my mistake, I maintained in VTFA and tested its working fine..

Regards,

SAQ

0 Kudos

Dear T W,

Actually my client is providing the services to the customer and amount is collected based on the time  service is provided.

They are having regular customers and Adhoc customers. For regular customers they provide the service on daily basis but invoices are raised on monthly basis.

where as for  Adhoc customers they provide the service and collect the amount on Expected Time of the Service finishes. so for them they want to raise the invoice before they leave the client premises. For such scenario they want to raise the proforma invoice with Doc Type F5. Later on they are updating  the sale order with Actual time the Service finished and raising the Actual Invoice using Doc Type F2 for accounting entries and MIS purpose.

They Want to raise the Proforma Invoice First for all Adhoc Customers that's why they wanted to have the Doc Type F5 as default and manually change the Doc type to F2 when they want to raise the actual invoice.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

SAQ.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for updating your scenario here .

Side Comment : This type scenarios shall take all people into good position when they observed or learned and configured in their system first.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAQ,

I have also maintained the billing type in sales document type as "F5" to pick the billing type as F5 default.

What I understand from your post is that you have put billing type F5 in the sales document type in VOV8. Does that mean you have configured a process in which the billing document shall ONLY and ALWAYS be a Proforma invoice?

What about billing the customer? In order to get money for the service your company is providing?

As Jyoti has suggested in the t-code VTFA, add item category TAD.

I have tested by maintained the  Billing relevance in Item category"TAD" as "D","Blank","L" etc.

Maybe this configuration setting is related / based on the above comment (i.e. ALWAYS create proforma, never "actual" billing document).

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAQ,

Could you please answer / comment on my previous post?

(i.e. What about billing the customer? In order to get money for the service your company is providing?)