SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal not created for Automatic clearing

former_member316563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my current project we have a complex payment/clearing priority which we have configured and the same is working as required when we post a payment using FP05/FPCJ/FPY1.

We have assigned the same clearing variant for in config step Define Defaults for Account Maintenance for clearing type Account Maintenance (03) & Automatic clearing (04).

While executing Tcode FP06 with create proposal its giving us a message - No clearing proposal could be created Message no. >0486

Clearing is also not possible using FPMA.

Can anyone please suggest if we missed any configuration.

Thanks

Satyajeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Satyajeet:

It is not expected that clearing with payments works the same as when done with account maintenance transactions.  A payment is looking at open items.  Account maintenance looks at debits and credits to find a match - those are fundamentally different scenarios which are usually not handled by the same variant.

You likely need to define different variants for each process.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Satyajeet:

It is not expected that clearing with payments works the same as when done with account maintenance transactions.  A payment is looking at open items.  Account maintenance looks at debits and credits to find a match - those are fundamentally different scenarios which are usually not handled by the same variant.

You likely need to define different variants for each process.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Our requirement is to treat any credit as payment. That's the reason we assigned the same clearing variant for account maintenance also.

Please let me know how I can use the variant that is working for my payments also for account maintenance.

Thanks

Satyajeet

0 Kudos

Satyajeet:

It is usually the case that you have different variants for the 2 different scenarios.  I expect you need to copy your payment variant to a new one and make some changes to it.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

As Bill said the clearing variant for payments will be different compared the clearing variant for account maintenance.

The reason is generally you will groups credits in the  first step whether it is a payment on account or some sort of miscellaneous credits and in susequent steps you will mention clients priorities like security deposits or installment charges etc that should get cleared first with the credits grouped in step 1, we had a similar kind of scenario in our client as well.

thnaks,

Vikram