cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Directory Listing of Physical Drive

0 Kudos

Hi there....

I want to get a directory listing of the physical hard drive i.e. C: drive.

one can get the file lists by using the GetFileList Action block you can create files and create directories

and you can delete directories and files.

but I also now need to get a directory listing in order for me to loop through each directory to get the files listed in the directories

in order for me to delete the files and then delete the directories.

but the File list action block only seems to be able to give me the files and not directories.

Any ideas ?

Thansk in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morne,

By using "Get File List" action block, we can't get list of directories under C: drive.

We can only get details of a particular folder using mask as "*.*"

Example: Folder : C:\Test Mask : *.*

We can create custom action block to get the all the directories under C:\ drive. This might be one option.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

S.Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Morne,

I remember from long ago that you could get the directories by using the mask "*.", but have not tested it on the new versions.

Regards, Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the Reply ... unfortunatly this does not seem to work anymore ,

we are on version 12.2

Any one else for round 2 😉

0 Kudos

I will have to do some more research.  Are you looking for a local machine or for the MII server directory structure?

0 Kudos

Hi

It is for the local machine C: drive.

When you say MII server dir structure are you revering to the web directory listing ?

0 Kudos

Hi Morne,

When you are running a scheduled job, MII will look to the server where MII is installed as the local machine.  When you are on your laptop in the workbench executing transactions manually, MII will look at your laptop as the local machine.  Just something to keep in mind. 

Regards, Mike