cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The expression for measure 'xxx' has no aggregation function set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm very new to universe design and I'm facing a problem for which I cannot find anything on the internet

I am using the new information design tool, I created a very simple data foundation with only 3 tables, and a business layer with only 1 dimension, and 2 measures.

The dimension comes from my 1st table, the 1st measure is a sum coming from the 2nd table, and the 2nd measure is a count coming from the 3rd table.

For some reason when I select my 3 objects, right click and select "Show Query Script", the viewer shows me 2 queries with a full outer join between the 2...

If however I remove the sum() surrounding my 1st measure, then the viewer shows me 1 query as I first expected, but when I check the integrity I get a warning saying that this specific measure has no aggregation function set...

Should I ignore this warning? Or is there something I can modify in my data foundation to have 1 query only and still use the sum()?

Thanks!

Seb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207342
Contributor
0 Kudos

if you ingnore it, it will display emasure values without aggregation which is of no use.

A mesuare should have aggregation function so do not remove SUM().

Check if "Separate queries for measure" is checked. If yes uncheck it.

Check joins between tables in data foundations.