cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Unit Number same as Handling Unit Number for Putaway by SU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any way to create Storage unit number as Handling unit number with out activating Handling Unit Management?

The process is..

HU will be created and packing will be done into after Inbound delivery creation (so that HU will be assigned to IBD)

GR will be done with reference to Inbound delivery or HU

Now Putaway should happen based on HU but in WM, putaway is possible only with SU. Hence we need to create SU number as HU number in the Inbound.

I have tried with objects LE_SSCC and HU_VEKP but system is creating SU number as continuity of Storage Units number range assignment. Instead, i need to have SU number same as HU number.

The whole HU concept is only for putaway purpose hence we are not going to maintain any inventory of HU and SU.

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got the below info from sap help -

• If you use Handling Unit Management, you should note the following points:
    If Handling Unit Management is active in your system, all stocks within the WMS are managed in storage units. These storage units are created with the same number as the handling unit. Numbers are assigned in this this case using the handling units and not using storage unit management. Therefore, in this case you do not need to set up number assignment for storage unit management. SAP recommends only activating length conversion for storage unit numbers. Note, that this setting is made at client level, and is therefore valid for other warehouse numbers in the same client.
  • If, in a client, you have storage units that are also handling units, and SUs that are not handling units, then you must use storage unit number assignment for the storage units that are not HUs. You assign these numbers at warehouse number level. The system cannot check the number ranges against each other. Therefore, when you create number ranges you must ensure that the number ranges for HUs and for storage units do not overlap. Any overlaps in these number ranges can lead to inconsistencies within Warehouse Management.

Activating the HU management requires only a few settings in the configurations. perhaps, by doing this your HU no. and SU no. will be the same.

Regards,

sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand this is standard process. We have couple of concerns to activate HUM.

• If we activate HUM, system will also ask to do putaway and picking of HUs. This is going to be additional activity in WM and RF device will not support to do this.
  • We have several storage locations (with HU and Non-HU, if we activated HUM) and all are enabled with WM
  • System will not create transfer requirement for HUM enabled locations, we need to create TO manually with SU. (This process is not available in standard RF menu)

Hence, i can't activate HUM. Is there any work around to achieve my process without HU and SU concept?

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am correct with my understanding, then, following is the process flow at your end

1. PO

2. create IBD - pack the material by creating handling units ( XXX)

3. perform GR in a storage location which is WM managed but not HU managed

4. cofirm the TR created during GR.

5. stock lies in destination bin with quant no. and SU no (YYY)

and, you wish to have the SU no.(YYY) to be same as HU no. (XXX).

As per standard SAP, since your storage location is not HU managed this would never happen.

One approach I could think of is developing an exit and assigning it in the SU no. range defination (transaction OMNN). Develop a logic such that SU no. would be same as the HU from the IBD.

Here, conditionally you would need to perform GR w.r.t IBD, so that logic can find out the corresponding HU no. assigned for this IBD and assign the same to your SU.

Please check this with your ABAP team.

Thanks,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, as you said we can achieve this through development only. Thanks for the information.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am quite not sure whether we have something in standard , I remember we had custom development for attaining same to convert HU to SU .

it was ZHU2SU which would convert  HU created at inbound to storage unit .

Thanks

Jinoy

0 Kudos

Hi!

Did you get the problem solved? I'm working on something similar:

want to book GR with IBD (that I get done), but than I can't move

the HU because we don't use HU and I would like to use the HU-number

as SU-number.

Best regards,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I remember we did achive same by means of custom transaction ZHU2SU which created transfer order and converted  HU identified at receipts to SU's.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you share me that program? It will really save our time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try   ,  but i am am quite not sure as it was in my previous project.