cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio : unable to view apps on iPad throw SAP BI app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm trying to view a biapp generated with zen on my ipad by the sap bi mobile application and i'm absolutely unable to do it.

It's all right about viewving webi reports deployed on my platform (on the defined Mobile category in BI Launchpad) through SAP BI app in the iPad and i'm able to use applications from zen into the bi launchpad (open, deploy, refresh data).. the only thing I'm unable to do is view ZEN application on the iPad, how can I do?  what i have to do to view a zen app on my iPad?

Kind regards!

PS my platform is compliant with requirements (SBOP BI 4 SP5 on Windows x64 server and the mobile apps are available (for webi documents of course)).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update is ok, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you resolve it or not?

I am struggling with the same problem.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I solved upgrading at Design Studio 1.3 and SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 sp4. With this configuration everything works fine. Best regards

xjhacking
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Just to make sure: Are you able to execute your Design Studio report from the BI platform (not locally) in a browser on your computer?

/Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem, in BI Lauchpad works fine, but I can't see DS appl in SAP BI Mobile App using IPad.

I'd read all thread but I can't see nothing wrong with my appl.

Regards,

Rui Keiti Kikumatsu

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are on BI4, SP5, installed Design Studio SP1, assigned the application to the Mobile category, and still cannot see the application on the iPad, then I recommend submitting a SAPsupport ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Henrique, but I'm sure that if you gave a look at the document "analysis10_ad_admin_en" (pages 29-31) I do not think you would have posted this comment. However ZEN provides absolutely use both SAP BI Mobile Mobile through which the portal through Business Objects BI Launchap. Good evening!

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did in this meantime, that's why I had deleted the comment.

Since you still saw it (I suppose through email tracking), check the latest guide, to see if anything has changed:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001318442012E/analysis10SP01_ad_admin_en.pdf

jeremy_ma_usa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm you save to BOE with this in the mobile category?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I save application on the "Mobile" category. Any advice?

Regards

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please go to Tools > Preferences and select check box "Allow external access to embedded Web server"

See screen shot in this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3272585

If this is not selected, the iPad cannot access your web server

Good luck,

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy, but I'm unable to find this option once I logged on to my SAP BI 4 Platform. I can do it if I work in a standalone mode, but when I log in to SAP Business Objects BI Enterprise I don't have this options. My steps are:

• Start Design Studio and log-in to the Bi Platform in Enterprise mode (with an administrative account)
  • Create and Save to Enterprise (public folder & Mobile category) an application

At this point I only find the WebI reports stored on the Mobile category but no one Application created by Zen.. what can I do? Isn't available a detailed step by step guide about post deployment on the platform? I did the follow :

1. Install the SAP BI Platform Enterprise 4 sp4
  2. Patch all the platform to SP5
  3. Install the BIP 40 Zen Component (ver 10.0)
  4. Install the Design Studio Client

Really thank you,

best regards

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marco - you are ahead of me, I am not on SP05

I did a search on your issue at service.sap.com/notes

Application area BI-RA-AD

I only found 9 notes with the word iPad in them but none of them covers your issue

Perhaps submit a note with SAP Support?

Best regards,

Tammy