cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUDGET ISSUE IN PS-PP INTEGRATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing a serious issue in PS Budget.

The issue is as mentioned below :-

I am working on PS-PP integration process.For this i have created planned order of type PR manually through MD11 T-code,based on that i converted into process order via md04 t-code. then I procured the RM required for the Process as Project stock,,then i issued to process order,at this system is throwing  budget exceed error  say 10 INR(RM cost). i have assigned the budget to the respective WBS element, then the system allowed to issue the RM(Project Stock) to process order, then I confirmed the process order,hence the FG came into the project stock. There after, while issuing the FG against the project using 221 Q movement type system is throwing the budget exceed error of  say 30 INR (FG cost),I assigned the same against respective WBS element then the system allowed to issue the FG to project.After this if I see cji3 report my actual cost is showing 30 INR my FG cost which includes RM cost which is correct,, But if i see CJ31 budget report consumed budget is showing 40 INR.I don't know why system is behaving like this.Please help me on this and give your valuable inputs.

Note: 1. In tolerance limits i have activated activity group 3(goods issue) as the clients requirement is not generate the commitment costs,,

2. I am not using Network activities..Hence i am issuing FG using 221 q movement type.

Regards,

Chethan

Moderation Note - Please do not use capital letters in Subject. Please correct it.

Message was edited by: Virendra Pal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chetan,

As per your explanation, you have consumed INR 40. So budget report is absolutely behaving normally.

You need to understand the cost & budget concept and how it works in SAP.

What kind of budgeting you are using? Periodic or annual?

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh,

Thank you very much for your reply...

I am using Annual Budget. But FG cost includes the RM costs also right...?? So as I think budget check is carrying out 2 times for RM value.. If I am wrong please correct me.

Regards,,

Chethan

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(RM+RM+RM) = (SFG) = (FG) depend on operation, Here Let say FG cost is included All RM costs.

and Budget availability would be check at every time as all business transaction.

i would say from RM to FG two production order you are making then budget would be check two time and if one production order is creating for FG then budget would be check one time only.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

While issuing RM to FG i am creating only one Production order and the Budget is checking only once at this time which checks the RM cost. But while issuing the FG against WBS element Budget is checking for whole FG( which includes the RM cost also) value.. It should check excluding the RM cost right...?? Waiting for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Chethan VP

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right logically budget would be check Excluding the RM cost.

Check with costing run tcode CK11N with concern FG code. such below thread will help you for understanding your query.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13610179

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

I have checked by running the costing run...Every thing is fine there.. Here my problem is when i issue RM to process order budget is checking process order cost  so logically when I confirm the process order the my budget should get free from assigned value which is not happening...

Regards,

Chethan VP 

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through below setting and change in configuration as per requirement then check..

1Check availability during order creation
2Check availability during order release

Let me know what is the tolerance group you have selected for budget checking.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Sanjeev,,

The availability check you  mentioned above is to check availability for materials right...??That too it is applicable if I use Networks in my project,, but i am not using N/W's in my project,,I think it is no where related to Budget right...??correct me if I am wrong.... I am using ++ tolerance group and also tried using tolerance group 3(goods issue),, still the same problem..

regards,,

Chethan VP

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The availability check you  mentioned above is to check availability for materials right...??That too it is applicable if I use Networks in my project,, but i am not using N/W's in my project,,I think it is no where related to Budget right...??

Availability check will happen, even when you try to create PR/ PO which are account assigned to WBS element. Budget check at WBS will always happen, whether it rolled up from underlying activity of from direct PR/ PO creation from MM side, it doesn't matter.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please Note that availability check is the part of all business transaction where account assignment is wbs/network.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,,

As you told I checked the Avalibilty control of materials... I have made it as No ckeck both in order realease and order creation.Let me know if any setting need to be changed here.....

Regards,,

Chethan

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Sanjeev: One correction to your statement Sanjeev.

Please Note that availability check is the part of all business transaction where account assignment is wbs/network.

Budgeting is always at WBS element level. AVAC works at WBS element level not at activity/ network level.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right those availability check has nothing to do with budget availability check.

Please post screenshots if cji3 and cj31

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Amaresh:  Agree with you budget is always at wbs level but Network/activity is subordinate of wbs so logically it should be also part of avac check. please right if i'm wrong.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Network activity cost rolls up to WBS element.

AVAC at WBS element will monitor to budget on that particular WBSE. System do not care the number of activities/ orders under this WBSE. It just cares about the distributed budget to this particular WBSE.

If you make statement like, availability check at activity level, it definitely differs with what SAP says and how system works. Budget distribution happens at WBSE level. So there is no question of monitoring at activity level. As soon as all activities/ orders roll up cost to their WBSE system checks the total cost (of all activities/ orders) against the allocated/ distributed/ released budget.

That's the difference.

In simple, when we talk about cost you refer to WBSE, network activity or order. Whereas when we talk about budget, we always mention WBSE (no other objects).

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohamed Rafi,,

Please find the attachments of cji3 and cj31 reports..

Here in cji3 report

73,313.03 INR is updated when RM issued to process order  against 5000000 cost element.

919,267.09- is updated after the confirmation of process order against 5130002 cost element.

846,267.09 is updated when the process order is settled to material.

919,580.12 is updated the FG is issued to project against 5000501.

In Cj31 report the assigned value is 992,893.15 INR(919580.12+73,313.03)

Regards

chethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,,

Please suggest  further inputs  how this issue could be resolved...

Regards,,

Chethan

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Planning Indicator in the Network Type (TCode: OPSC)

Use this indicator to specify that you are only using the network for planning. All of the planned costs from this network will be appended to the WBS element, however, they do not raise the assigned values

Un-check the Order Planned Value as Assigned Funds in Order Value Indicator (TCode: OPSV)

If you select this indicator, the plan values for an order with status "Opened" are entered in the assigned values for the PS object as order requests.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

First thing I am not using Networks in my project(Only WBS elements),,Hence no need to update OPSC settings...

As I am facing issue while issuing the RM to process order I deactivated Assigned funds indicator in OPSV for CAT 40( also tried deactivating for all categories),,But still i am facing the same issue....

Regards,,

Chethan

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In CJ31 click Extras> AVailabitlty control > Analysis. then in the coming screen, expand all the node under the line Controlling Element    Distributable  . Then post that screenshot too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the attachment...

Regards,,

Chethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Find this also...

Regards,,

Chethan

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did a simulation of your case in my test client, my postings are coming properly, but I had Stock account created as cost element in my case.  Try running CJBN and see the CJ31.

Also, in your initial post you mentioned that the tolerance limit setting is for activity group 03, where as your screenshot shows activity group ++, so you initially set 03 and after processing the order you changed it to ++?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried running CJBN but of no use.... Actually I have tried with all Activity groups also tried with 03,, As our client don't want the commitments to be generated I didn't assigned the statistical cost element...

When u tried this how budget check is carrying on...??Kindly let me know...

Regards,,

Chethan VP 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,,

Can I make setting that the budget should not check during issue of RM to process order.... If anybody knows kindly let me know....

Regards,,

Chethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, if u require the PS budget should not check for any specific transaction:

1.Deactivating of AVAC ( Availability Control ) . or

2.Maintain Exempt Cost Elements in Availablity Control : ( OPTK )  T code. ( Minatain Co Area * Cost Element ).

I hope it might be useful for your process...

Regards,

Kumar,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,,

I have another Scenerio in the same project where the RM will be procured as normat stock and issue it to the project when ever required and they want the system to check during the goods issue....The GL account used is same in both the sceniros.. Hence I cannot make the cost element exempt...About deactivating avalibility control,, it is not possible for the user to do this every time he runs the goods issue transaction..

Regards,

Chethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chethan,

As per my analysis, for the above scenario , Inetially you will be proccuring as normal stock, but afterward u will be issuing to project stock.

Project Budget  will be actiavted , when stock is issued to  WBS ( project Valuated stock).

Solution:

You had to develop one Z T.code, , by appending one additional field  in OPTK.

Field: Cost Element Exemption + WBS. Combination. ( ZOPTK).

Through this validation, we can restrict the GL cost elements,and the budget will be exempted only for project valuated stock (WBS ) And  other than project stock, sytem will consider budget ( Cost centre ) .

Through this u can control normal stock as per your business requirement ( Cost Centre Budget ) etc.

I hope it might be useful to your process.

Regards,

Kumar

Answers (0)