cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long running background jobs for standard jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing a problem on background jobs for standard jobs. after scheduling the default schedule the standard jobs, the background jobs never completed/finishes, its running all the time, i have tried to schedule those from 000 by DDIC and also from running client by admin user but all over the same result. every time i have to manually kill the jobs from OS level. suppose the job number 20 is running for 57133 seconds long. until i kill it it will keep on running.

Please let me know what could be the solution.

Thanks

RAIM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Every body,

I have just got the solution  by making the host system default at DB02

The process is as bellow:

GO to DB02>System Configuration > Select the Current system > Click on Default System Button.

So the default icon will appear at default column. and again start the RSCOLL00 program for job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR. now its taking max 40 seconds to complete. and having data at STAD, ST03n as you see the following screen shoot at current data and time:

My observation: Previously the system was not connection to the default database. after making it as default it directly connects the default system at first.

Thanks

RAIM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This occur in production system. other systems are ok. the 2 months ago i have shutdown all the systems for maintenance. and after make all the systems up, this problem started in production system only.

i didnt do any patch or note has been applied during this period.

Thanks

RAIM

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check the relevant work process trace file for this job.

Also I can see that the job action is DELETE so please check the UNDO tablespace usage.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

01. UNDO tablespace usage?

The UNDO tablespace is used only 2%.

02. Didn't find any abnormal in trace file.

Thanks

RAIM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do not open a new thread just update this one.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you checked oracle trace file( alert SID)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hsu,

I have checked the alert log but didnt found any problem. the job is still running as bellow from SM37

i dont have error in SM21 also. it is also not throughing any ABAP dump or finishing. still active for last 5 days.

Any help pls share.

Thanks

RAIM

0 Kudos

Hello RAIM,

Which system is this occuring in?  Does it occur in the other systems as well?  If not, what is different?

-John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The job is still running after it scheduled by manually not its running for 163019 seconds.

Please let me know how to digg in to the error log or solve it.

Thanks

RAIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if Note 1233020 - RSORACOL allocates entire memory is relevant to your issue.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have tried the solution according to the SAP Note: but found its ok in my table settings as bellow:

that is :EDTX to "blank".

any other solution pls

Thanks

RAIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to check SAP_BASIS component release and support package level in your system and implement corrections or import the relevant support package if required. Please read carefully this note.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented the NOTE and my BASIS release is SAPKB70106. after the implement the next job is as bellow, same as again.

SM37 log for that job

in SM37 it says that it finished.

But still the problem exits, so it blocks all the BGD as its scheduled on every hour. because of this i dont have any data on ST03N. it was running fine but after a server restart it started to create this problem.

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Rajib Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check what errors lead to BGD restart or attach trace files for these WPs. Check also actions which WPs are stuck on.

Regards,
Roman

0 Kudos

The displayed screenshot only shows that the Clean_Plan task has finished.  The job will be done when it reads Job Finished.

The issue is probably a locking issue or deadlocking issue.  Be sure to check the system log (SM21), database cockpit (DBACOCKPIT) and Lock Monitor (SM12) for errors during runtime.

I suggest removing the periodic value of the job, and clearing out all active SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR jobs.

Then run the job once and see how long it actually takes a single job to complete.

Next schedule the job's periodic value based on actual runtimes with appropriate padding.  This will correct the immediate need.  Then you can focus on improving the job's performance.

-John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have checked the SM12 and SM21 but didnt found any error related to that. i have separetely scheduled the job , but same result its running for 2 days (70519 sec.) as the bellow screen shoot.

It there any other log where i can find that where the program taking time?

Thanks

RAIM

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why it is showing two systems.... BCP and BPP ??????????

What are the values of stat/files and stat/max_files......... size of data directory..... can you see and new stat files created in that location..............

Also please tell which DB are u using.......... check db02..........

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivastava,

01.Why it is showing two systems.... BCP and BPP ??

The process is running in BCP system only and the BPP is my remote database for SAP      EP server.

02. What are the values of stat/files and stat/max_files, size of data directory, can you see and new stat files created in that location.

New STAT file is also creating on the location

and the directory is used only 42%.

03. which DB are u using?

I am using ORACLE 10.2.0.4