cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to launch an ITS screen from an ABAP WebDynpro Button Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement to launch an ITS Screen from ABAP WebDynpro. There will be abutton on the WebDynpro screen and when the user will click on that button, the ITS Screen will be launched.

Can anyone please provide us some sample applications or sample code to achieve the above functionality.

Points will be rewarded.

Thanks

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

One option is to construct the URL for the ITS service, for example using method CL_URL->ITS, then launch the URL using method if_wd_window_manager->create_external_window.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinnet/Amy,

Thanks for the inputs.

My requirement is to call an ITS screen within the same screen and come back to WebDynpro screen based on action on ITS Screen.

As per your inputs, it is opening a new window but I don't want to open a new external window when I click on button on WebDynpro.

Please give me more idea on how can i open ITS screen in the same window.

Thank You.

Shyam

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

You may want to use suspend and resume calls. Below is an excerpt from the document, Developing Web Dynpro ABAP Applications:

"Mixing of established UI technologies, such as ITS, with the new UI technology of Web Dynpro ABAP is not supported.  If you want to integrate an ITS-based application into a Web Dynpro ABAP application, use the Link UI element or suspend-resume calls."

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the SAP Help Link.

What I understood from the above SAP Help link is, when I am calling the ITS Application from WD Application, I should pass both "Parameter URL + Resume URL". Can you please let me know what values do I have to pass to call the ITS Screen from WebDynpro Screen (Parameter URL + Resume URL).

By any chance do you have any sample code or example to achieve this 'Suspend & Resume' Plugs (WebDynpro to Non-Webdynrpo Example)?

Thank You.

Shyam

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Check out example components WDR_TEST_WINDOW_SUSRES_A and WDR_TEST_WINDOW_SUSRES_B.

There is also an eLearning video available for using suspend and resume within FPM applications, in case that is of interest.

BTW, you may find method CL_URL->ITS useful for building the URL to the ITS application.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amy.

Thank YOu.

Shyam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vineetrrakesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

You can achieve by using Launchpad Customizing and the Launchpad Navigation API's. Just make and entry on transaction LPD_CUST, create a launchpad role, add you target application there.

At run time under the UI button you can call the API provided by CL_APB_LAUNCHPAD_API -->LAUNCH_APPLICATION to open the application. You can find many material on Internet for the same, with examples, even try some where-use in your system.

I found one more helpful link.

http://sapignite.com/call-sap-tcode-using-webdynpro-for-abap/

Regards

Vineet