Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST Remote Installation Ports

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I would need to install SAP on a Linux Red Hat OS, therefore I'd need to start SAPINST remotely

My concern is regarding ports since client has a very tight port security, then I need to ask to open ports specifically.

My understanding connections between SAPINST running on the Linux Server and SAPInst GUI on Windows runs on ports 21200 and 21212

SAPINST_DIALOG_PORT=<port_number_sapinst_to_gui_server>

SAPinst uses port 21200 to communicate with the GUI server. Is this connection internally on the Linux Server? Or do i need to connect from Windows to Linux on this port?

GUISERVER_DIALOG_PORT=<port_number_gui_server_to_gui_client>

The GUI server uses port 21212 to communicate with the GUI client

21212 is the listening port on the Linux Side where the SAP GUI Client connect to? What is the port on Windows Side?

GUISERVER_HTTP_PORT=<port_number_http_server>

Also, why Installation guide mentions port 4239? Is it possible to install SAP same as running using SUM?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Premsukh

Thanks for your input, Im asking about ports behave when SAPINST is running

Links you provided are how to start SAPINST, which is the same as Installation Guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Start the SAPINST on the server with "nogui" option as follows and SAPINST process will run on the server side

./sapinst -nogui

Now from your PC ( just copy the IM_WINDOWS of installation DVD to your PC). Now start the by calling 

Hi Martin,

Start the SAPINST on the server with "nogui" option as follows and SAPINST process will run on the server side

./sapinst -nogui

Now from your PC ( just copy the IM_WINDOWS of installation DVD to your PC). Now start the remote GUI by calling  startinstgui.bat from PC. It will use port 21212

Please set Windows environment variables in PC

JAVA_HOME and

add the $JAVA_HOME\bin to PATH - .

Regards,

Dipam