cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with non-cumulative key figures in cube with flat file datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to work on requirement similar to the Inventory application.

I am using non-cumulative key figure 0totalstck(Quantity total stock), 0rectostck(Rec quan total stock) and 0isstostock(Issue_qu total stock) in my cube. These KFs have been used in the Inventory cube 0ic_c03 too.

0totalstck is non-cumulative KF which is calculated from 0rectostck and 0isstostock.

I have made following two generic datasource based on flat file to load to a cube.

1. DS1 : To Initialise the stock which works perfectly well when loaded to cube.

2. DS2 : To load daily data to the cube which gives  0rectostck and 0isstostock.

e.g. if the stock is initialised with 0totalstck = 10 as on 01.01.2010. After that, I have compressed with 'no tick' on 'no marker update'.

now, if I load with date = 02.02.2010, 0isstostock= 5 & 0rectostck = 20.

then, its giving the  0totalstck = 15 on 02.02.2010 which should actually be 25(20-5+10) as the stock on 01.01.2010 was 10.

its simply giving 20-5 = 15 value on 02.02.2010 which is wrong as per non-cumulative KF calculation.

Please help.

Thanks in advance !

Romil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romil,

have a look in the following link where the concept of Non-cumulative is explained via flat files.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25085

Best Regards

Manna Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi and Manna,

Thank you very much for the reply and sharing the doc as well. It was very helpful to me.

As per the suggestion from Preethi, I have maintained entries in RSDV by maintaning non-cumulative parameteres for infocube. I have ticked in the same on 0calday, 0plant and 0material.

Now, I am able to get the initial(opening) balance correctly as well as the stock is reflected currently when I load the second request through DS2(similar to daily load, mentioned above) but when I am loading the third request to the cube with data for different dates its throwing an exception error message when I run the same query. The query has just 0calday, plant, material, issue, receipt and stock. It does not contain any variables or any other manipulation.

I am attaching the error message as well.

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

unable to see error picture

Best Regards

Manna Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romil,

2 things to note.

You should have a filter on the query on date field.

Your Validy table should be wide enough to hold the dates which you are loading to the cube.

Reason: When a query is executed for non-cumulative cube, the values for the non-cumulative KF are calculated at the runtime. It calculates the value for these KF with reference to a point (which is the date that you give in query filter) and inside the validity range (maintained in RSDV).

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi/Manna,

Thank you very much for the response !

Maintaining the entries in RSDV for the cube for all the dates has resolved my problem and everything looks to be well now. Still, I have one question if you can help me out for that....

Suppose I load data for the stock intialization as below.

The data in the form DATE PLANE MATERIAL RECEIPT ISSUE

1st Request : 04.01.2010  P1 M1 15 10

04.01.2010 P2 M2  20 15.............. Initialization request

2nd Request : 10.01.2010  P1 M1 5 5

3rd Rquest : 01.01.2010 P2 M2 10 5

Now, if I try to run the query till 2nd request is loaded, it will run fine for the dates from 04.01.200 to 10.01.2010 but after the 3rd request is laoded, I am getting an exception error message becasue the data for 01.01.2010 P1 M1 is not maintained as shown in RSDV......... When I am trying to edit the same in RSDV by maintaining the 'Frm Fix' date, I am unable to do that....... How to correct it ???

I hope you got my question...

Thanks in advance !

Romil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Romil, I believe the From fix date will be automatically picked as the lowest existing date in the cube.

Please see the following links. These might help you get some idea.

PDF to understand the concept so that you can decide what to maintain in your validity table: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/204a99c7-b3c5-2e10-f18f-e3ddb6ec6...

Check the correct answer in this thread: http://scn.sap.com/message/4123981

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

Thanks you once again for the reply and sharing the knowledge.

I studied the doc and it was very helpful. I extend the validity of plant P2 and Material M2 by going to RSDV by 365 days and now, everything is working perfectly fine.

I am closing the thread as my question has been answered.

Thank you once again..

Regards,

Romil Vaghela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romil,

Hope you have taken care of Validity table of your non cumulative cube. (RSDV)

Calculation wont happen as expected if this is not maintained.

Preethi...