cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing color of text in the input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when i disable the input field , the text written in it has very light color. How can i change the color of the displayed text in the input field.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsimran,

changing the text color of an input field is not possible. However, you can build a workaround:

1. take an expression box, place it exactly over your input field

2. change its text color and take the value of your input field as value being displayed

3. instead of making your input field disabled, make it hidden and show the expression box instead.

Thus, instead of enabling/disabling your input field, switch between expression box/input field to be displayed. I hope it's clear what I mean. If not, don't hesitate to ask again.

Best regards,

Benni

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am able to solve the problem of changing color of input field with the expression Box concept.

For list Box, i think i should post it as a seperate question.

Thanks,

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Actually i have a list box displaying dynamic enteries from web service. So , when i disable it , the same color problem comes. So, how can i solve it

Thanks,

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsimran,

in this case, you would have to drag your webservice as data service to the storyboard. Now you can access the values through your expression box. (In case you cannot access the values directly, you have to use a data store maybe).

However, from my point of view, this seems to be quite a lot of work for a minor effect. Changing the foreground color of a (disabled) input field would indeed be a desirable feature.

Best regards,

Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also not change the foreground color (font color), this doesn't work atm, it's a bug which should be fixed with the next SPS.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your reply.

It worked very well with input field but similiar problem is with list box too.Expression Box cannot hold the value of list Box

Thanks,

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsimran,

the expression box can hold the actual value of a list box.

Unfortunately only the value, not the text being displayed. So you're right there. Anyway, if you have a complex form to display, it is quite a bit of work to replace every item with an expression box.

Best regards,

Benni