cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transport Order Issue: Sales Order created for material that is still in Transit for the Delivery Plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a cross module question. Not sure it should be in MM or SD section and hence it is posted here.

I encounter this unique business scenario and would invite all the experts here to give valuable opinions on it.

1. There are 2 plants (Plant R and Plant I) under the same company code, where Plant R is the Receiving and Plant I is the Issuing.
  2. They are using Stock Transport Order without SD Delivery.
  3. Plant R (Receiving) creates a standard SAP Stock Transport Order (STO) to Plant I (Issuing) for the purchase of material ABC.
  4. Goods Issue is done at Plant I.
  5. And now the material ABC is in transit status.
  6. Before the Goods Receipt is done at Plant R (2nd step of Stock Transport Order), a new Sales Order is created for this Company Code to allocate the material ABC of Plant R. And physically, this material is still in transit for Plant R and not in the warehouse yet!
  7. Once the Plant R performs GR on material ABC, Delivery Note for the Sales Order created previously will be perform.

Question:

A. How do we configure a Sales Order that will reserve/book the material ABC (stock in transit) for Delivery Plant R at the time of Sales Order creation? I can only think of the Partial Delivery Check in the Customer Master Sales Area Data View. Please advise.

B. If the Sales Order of this type can be created, will the GR done in Plant R at the 2nd step of Stock Transport Order ENSURE that the inbound GR stock is TIED and RESERVED for this particular Sales Order?

*This is a Make to Stock Envinroment.

Thanks for much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daimos,

Standard Sales order availability check should satisfy the question A.  OVZ9.  Ensure that "Stock in Transfer" is selected for your SD check.  Also you probably want under "In/Outward movements"  to select "X" or "A" for "Incl. Purchase orders".

For question B, a properly set up ATP will probably meet the business requirements.  However, bear in mind that for MTS, THERE IS NO FIXED LINKING between any supply and demand.  Stock is not directly reserved for a specific requirement (such as a sales order).  There are all kinds of methods to ensure that a Sales order confirmation can be met.  You should speak to your local SD functional expert in depth about availability checking.

If you need a more rigorous linking between a specific bit of supply and a specific bit of demand, then APO offers additional functionality.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy49

Thanks for the reply.

Just wonder in OVZ9 Availability Check Control there, I have activated the following:

1. StockInTransfer = X

2. Include PO = X

3. Include released order requirement = X

So, if I create a Sales Order for Delivery Plant R (Receipt plant in STO), will I be able to view this particular requirement of Material ABC in transist in MD04 (Stock VS Requirement List) mentioned it is booked to my Sales Order created even before the GR is done at Plant R?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daimos,

Sure, providing you are performing an availability check.  VA02 > enter the new order item.  When the ATP popup screen happens, select the button "ATP Quantities".  It will show all the ATP relevant supply and all the ATP relevant demand.

FYI 'Incl Released order requirement' refers to STO DEMAND (in your case, plant I).  If you were to need to enter a sales order against Plant I, then this setting might be needed.

You can also view the same ATP screen in CO09.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)