cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing attachments from Backend PR05 possible?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

ECC 6.0 EHP4 SP51 Stack 11

this might be a daft question, but is it generally possible to access attachments ( you know, the direct attachments, url-links and notes from FITE_REQUEST/FITE_EXPENSES ) of a trip via PR05? We have designed, in our business process, that our processing will be taken place in the backend, i.e. PR05. Now we noticed we can't find any option to display the attachments here.

I googled the sap.help for it and found it explicitely only to be possible from the POWL as approver or from the travel assistant... I find this hard to believe though... can anybody confirm this is true?

Use of Scanned Receipts and Adding of Attachments

If you use optical archives for Travel Management, in expense reports you can display receipts that are scanned into the system. When scanned receipts are allocated to an expense report, the system shows them in the POWLs for employees, travel assistants, and approving managers.

Employees can add attachments to their expense reports (for example, the agenda of a convention). This can be done when creating an expense report or in the POWL. Attachments are linked to the trip number and can be viewed by travel assistants and approving managers.

http://help.sap.com/ERP2005_EHP_04/helpdata/EN/46/427046e4fc0dbbe10000000a1553f6/content.htm
http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/EN/data/pdf/FITVPLAN/FITVGENERIC.pdf

Or has anybody been in the same situation and built a workaround? I'm also open for discussing a "best approach".

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi there Lukas

Its just a quick reference point reply for you and there were possibly some other discussions about this topic earlier this year as well in the forum but from functional point of view, you can build this into your workflow so if the workflow is triggered by an event then the attachment should be passed in the binding between the application event container and the workflow container.

How it can be handled in FI-TV is through use of either BUS2089 (for attachments)  and then in tcode PE03 the feature TRVPA and OOA  (optical archive) which can be customized for optical archive whilst Business documents use TRAVEL.

There shouldnt be any issue in PR05 with it being restricted to specific roles but for administrators if they have access to OAAD then I believe can see all documents. Also being able to actually add an attachment is dependent on the trip itself being saved first so that function is available.

(Fur future reference, I think there is some limitation in the lower releases that for portal, you cannot display both BUS2089 attachments and business documents with some other dependencies, however EHP6 + I believe there was some additional development here)

Hope these more basic points help!

Sally

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

thanks for the reply!

How it can be handled in FI-TV is through use of either BUS2089 (for attachments)  and then in tcode PE03 the feature TRVPA and OOA  (optical archive) which can be customized for optical archive whilst Business documents use TRAVEL.

This is interesting, I didn't know there were different technologies for the attachments (I only knew scarcely about BUS2089 and optical archive but not about Business Documents). OOA for TRVPA is 1, so it's active in our system. This explanation also helped me to understand what I'm actually in need to search for and I found the Notes 530792 and 904711 which helped me understand the whole attachment-management better (pretty complicated methinks ). I was able to trace down all my test attachments to table and found out they are stored as SAPOffice documents (so I guess they are NOT optically archived... ?) and partially stored in the "KPro". Oh dear 😕

There shouldnt be any issue in PR05 with it being restricted to specific roles but for administrators if they have access to OAAD then I believe can see all documents.

I see. I checked OAAD and there are no documents stored here, which confirms my theory that there are no optical archives in our system and it's all SAPOffice.

But to get back at my initial problem: in PR05 I'm searching for some kind of button or link to action that says "display attachments" or the like, but apparently there isn't any. Simple usecase:

1. Employee creates travel request/expense sheet. He can display his attachments in WDA top CAP. He then sends the request/expense sheet for approval, we use workflow and bus2089 for this.

2a. Manager receives work item in UWL for Requests (we do not use POWL for approval). He can't access attachments but he doesn't need to in our bsuiness process, so it's no problem here.

2b The Travel department receives an email notice after an expense sheet is sent for approval and in case it has not been autoapproved. In this case they go to PR05 and check the trip manually and of course they also want to see the attached documents here. But I couldn't find out how , this is my problem at the moment. Is this even possible?

Now my head is spinning from all that fancy "Archive-Link KPro SAPOffice" stuff

Cheers, Lukas

0 Kudos

Those BC-SRV-ARL notes and KPRO ones are the right direction Lukas as basically its the service for objects functionality icon that you will see when this is set up  - see the screenshot below

The point you made about the expense claim being checked by expense dept and seeing attachments - it is possible, functionally it depends on which method you use (the UWL is also a little more difficult to configure but manager received the trip for approval via the wf task.) but it should be as simple as PR05 and display file as ultimately the manager/approval team should be able to see what the employee can see!

Have a look at these notes too

384875 - PR05 Generic object services

568323 - Travel manager: Services for the object

596584 - Travel manager - Services for the object II

best of luck with it!

Sally

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This button in the top left corner you highlighted was exactly what I searched for! It's the only thing I overlooked within all screens, all menues all buttons etc.... There all my attachments can be selected so my customizing is clean, thank god. On top of it, now I have loads of background information about the data storage which I will still have good use of once we deliver ourselves up to our privacy officer

Thanks a ton!

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (0)