SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the differences between ISU integration with SD/FI and FI-CA? FI-CA pros and cons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone,

I'm working for a Client that use SAP ISU integrated with SD and FI.

Now we would evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of ISU and FI-CA integration.

I have read in other discussions that FI-CA was introduced for a large amount of Clients and bills. The Client for wich I'm working doesn't have a large amount of these, so I would know what are other advantages and disadvantages that we could be evaluate for a future ISU/FI-CA integration.

Could you list?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To explain in simple terms, after the customer is billed, FICA deals with payments received from the customer and any activities related to dunning and collections. So, once payments are received, they are posted into repective GL's account(MAIN) which is maintained in FI via some interfacing. So FI is the heart of all the currency transactions.

Thanks

Ricky

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To explain in simple terms, after the customer is billed, FICA deals with payments received from the customer and any activities related to dunning and collections. So, once payments are received, they are posted into repective GL's account(MAIN) which is maintained in FI via some interfacing. So FI is the heart of all the currency transactions.

Thanks

Ricky