Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material to move to blocked stock after three retests automatically

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the requirement. my client is a pharma client.

Material received from vendor. After GR goes to QI with inspection lot generation. After UD of inspection lot it goes to Unrestricted stock. after some time based on next inspection date in the batch due to dead line monitoring it goes to again QI with inspection lot generation ( 1st retest ).  After UD of inspection lot it goes to Unrestricted stock. Like this three retests happens. When the material comes for fourth retest, deadline monitoring program should not create inspection lot and material to be moved to blocked stock intstead of going to Quality stock.

How this can be achieved. 

Thanks

Vinamrath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vinamrath, Kindly excuse me but I have few queries here!

1. I would like to understand what exactly is done to the stock by posting it to block?
  2. Any specific logic for transferring the material to block at the 4th occurrence only?
  3. If the material has not reached expiry then why should it lie in block stock or batch should be restricted?

You can by post the stock to block stock from 4th inspection lot directly, so that the next time (at 5th retest occurrence) when you run QA07, as the stock is already in block, it would not be posted to QI again.

Regards, Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand triggered another possiblilty. 

You could use some user exits.   Here's a few options I thought of off the top of my head.

FF

QPAP0002 Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection   

Use this to select a different plan than you normally would for the 09 lots.  If the 4th 09 lot, assign the alternative plan which would have no characterisitcs, or or maybe just one Pass/Fail characteristic that has for its description "Fourth 09 lot, post material to blocked stock".  This should inform the lab people to not perform any tests and to block the material in the UD.

QPMK0001 Modify Master Inspection Characteristic Data at Creation   
  QPMK0002 Customer Exit: Change Master Insp. Characteristic Version  

Use one or both of these to make all characterisitcs optional or skipped characterisitcs when the 4th lot is created.  This could indicate to the tech that the material should go to blocked stock. 

QPL10001 QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

Create a user status for the 09 lots.  Use this exit to set the intiial status to ZBLK - Block batch.  Set the ZBLK user status to prevent results recording and only allow a UD.  Add in the exit below to control the quanity posting when the user status is ZBLK. (Note: I like this option the best I think.)

QEVA0001 Enhancement: Quantity posting for usage decision           

With this, if the UD would be the fourth UD, force the user to post to blocked stock.  Of course the downside is that the tests would have already been completed which you probably don't want to run f you are blocking the batch.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can only resolve this with a user exit.

QEVA0003

Calculate "Next inspection date" for batch

Since you inspect this three times, you must be setting the batch expiration date well into the future on these products.  To accomplish what you want to do, you would use the user exit to check how many 09 inspections have happenned.  If this is the third one for the batch, than change the expiration date on the batch record to a day before whatever the next inspection date would be and set the next inspection date to some date well into the future.  Basically swap the expiration date and the new calculated inspection date.

Then when the deadline monitoring program runs, this batch will be seen as expired and will be moved to blocked stock since it will be seen as expired.

If you implement this, make sure you set the exit to only do this for procured materials and not internally maufactured materials. (an easy check of the material master purchasing view).  You don't want to apply this to finished products!

FF

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.. but here the problem is when the material comes from vendor during GR expiry date gets calculated. Client is Pharma client and as per regulatory we are not supposed to change the exppiry in between. So without changing the expiry is there any other alternative for this.

Thanks

Vinamrath

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for not getting back sooner.  There could be a few ways to tackle this.  Probably one of the easiest is to copy the deadline monitoring program and modify it.  Look at the logic of the program and if a batch is identified as requiring a reinspection, than check to see if there have already been three 09 lots of the batch.  If so, than I would mark the batch as restricted at this point.  If you don't use batch status at the site, or need the material in blocked stock, than I'd create FM where you pass the batch info to and have the material/batch moved to blocked stock in all plants worldwide.

FF