Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Shopping Cart Name in UWL of Shopping Cart Approval Items

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to have some custom Text in the UWL of Shopping Cart.

The UWL should resemble something like this:

PENDING REVIEW /APPROVAL: Shopping cart <Shopping Cart Name> in the amount of 12.00 USD

I was able to get all of these details except the Shopping Cart Name, by giving the following Work Item Text in PFTC Transaction Code:

PENDING REVIEW /APPROVAL: Shopping cart Name in the amount of 12.00 USD

So my Question is, how I can get the Shopping Cart Name to be displayed in the UWL of the Shopping Cart Approval Items.

Thanks.

pk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for your support.

I got the Vendor Name from &BOR_OBJECT.VENDORADDRESS.PARTNERADDRESSNAME&

pk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishan,

which task and workflow do you use ?

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

The Task I'm using is 40007983 and the Workflow is WS40000014.

We have a Shopping Approval and Rejection process in place which works well. Now I just need to change the Subject (or Work Item Text) of the UWL to something else.

In PFTC the current Work Item Enhancement looks like this:

PENDING REVIEW/APPROVAL SC &WF_PDO.DOCUMENT_ID& in the amount of &BOR_OBJECT.TOTALVALUESTRING& &BOR_OBJECT.CURRENCY&

And the Result is:

PENDING REVIEW/APPROVAL SC 1000000123 in the amount of 10.00 USD

Now I want to change it and make it look like:

PENDING REVIEW/APPROVAL SC kishan's shopping cart in the amount of 10.00 USD

I know the field name for the field Name of Shopping Cart, but I need to know how I can pass it dynamically in the subject. I checked in the Container tab of T-code PFTC but with no luck. Any idea how I can pass the Name of the Shopping Cart field in my subject?

Thanks

pk

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what about &BOR_OBJECT.DOCUMENTNAME& ?

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"I know the field name for the field Name of Shopping Cart"

What is it? What happens when you use it in the subject?

regards

Rick Bakker / hanabi technology

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow! That worked like a charm. I could not have guessed that &BOR_OBJECT.DOCUMENTNAME could hold the name of the Shopping Cart. Document Name is so vague, that it could have meant anything. Thanks a ton.

I would like to know how you knew about it? Something you picked up over the years or is there a SAP Help documentation for it?

Kindly reply, because Im right now looking for the Vendor Name associated with a Purchase Order (in Standard Task 40007974) to be displayed in the UWL and I cant find that either in the Container. Under the Supplier Address Node in BOR_OBJECT I could see Partner CoName and Name of Partner, but nothing related to Supplier/Vendor Name.

pk

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

Thanks for replying. The field name for Shopping Cart name is CRMD_ORDERADM_H-DESCRIPTION, but this is not available in the Container and I could not find a way to programatically pass this value to the UWL.

But then Laurent's earlier given suggestion did the trick.

Would you happen to know how to pass the Vendor Name in the UWL for standard Task 40007974 (PO Approval).

Thanks,

pk

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

try with &BOR_OBJECT.VENDORADDRESS.CONAME& or &BOR_OBJECT.VENDORADDRESS.NAME&

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to include Vendor name in the UWL task by redefining the work item text for TS40007974 in tcode PFTC.

Container already has the Vendor address & name.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You wrote, in response to someone else:

"Wow! That worked like a charm. I could not have guessed that &BOR_OBJECT.DOCUMENTNAME could hold the name of the Shopping Cart. Document Name is so vague, that it could have meant anything. Thanks a ton.

I would like to know how you knew about it? "

All you have to do is go to a workflow instance, look in the container and expand the objects to see the values of the attributes.

regards

Rick

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Laurent,

I tried with both options provided by you. But it doesn't seem to be working. The changes aren't getting reflected. And Im getting some incorrect subject line from the past. Any more suggestions.

Ideally I would have been trying a few more options from the Container, but I notice that it takes an excrutiatingly long time for the changes to get reflected in the system. Hence I need to wait and watch at least half a day to see the effects taking shape. Is this normal? Or is it something that can be looked into/resolved?

Thank you so much for your continous effort. I really appreciate it.

pk

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Rick,

This is what I have been doing. My grouse was that the field names in the Container are so vague. Meaning I could not have imagined the node DOCUMENTNAME could have meant Shopping Cart Name. Or that Supplier Address Company would translate to VENDORADDRESS.CONAME.

I guess this also partly because Im new to SRM area

pk

PS: Any more suggestions in getting the Vendor Name?

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

This is the process Im following, but so far Im unable to get the Vendor Name.

I tried both &BOR_OBJECT.VENDORADDRESS.CONAME& and &BOR_OBJECT.VENDORADDRESS.NAME&.

But its a no-go. Any other suggestion?

pk

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"it takes an excrutiatingly long time for the changes to get reflected in the system"

Not sure what you are referring to but every time you make a workflow change you should execute transaction SWU_OBUF to reset the buffers.

"My grouse was that the field names in the Container are so vague"

You don't have to look at the field names - look at the values in the workflow container instead. If you see something you want (e.g. the name of a Vendor) then look at the field name corresponding to it.

regards

Rick

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, thats a helpful tip that I can utilize in the future.

pk