cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPAPO/ORDKEY table having performance issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am relatively new to LiveCache and need your expert inputs in the following issue with LC table /SAPAPO/ORDKEY.

In the production system performance of this LC table is very bad and it takes around 13 seconds to fetch a single record using order number as key. Though order number is not a primary key only order id is primary key.

SAP has suggested to build secondary index for this table using BADI implementation refer OSS note 749824.

My question is since this is a LC table I am not able to directly check total entries present in this table. Is there any way by which we can find the total records in LC table like this.

Performance is very good in lower environment. I am aware size of table should be very huge in production compared to lower environment....

Also can you confirm intriducing secondary index will improve the performance. If yes how many secon dary index can be built and what is the effect on overall memory increase by introducing secondary index. Please throwsome light on secondary index in LC tables.

Your input is much appreciated.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

-> Please use DB analyzer to find the bottleneck in liveCache.

-> First the liveCache application scenario should be checked.

Did you create the SQL trace & saw that the SQL statement on //ordkey run long?

What statement?

The data saved in the liveCache mostly in the liveCache containers.

How did you search the order by number in liveCache?.

-> SAP has suggested to build secondary index, see the note 1677408.

I understood that you have created the SAP message and got SAP support. Correct?

I recommend to update this SAP message with your questions.

-> You could check the size of liveCache table //ordkey in //om16 or //om19, in LC10 or using

the SQL statement after you connected to the liveCache as liveCache user.

-> I COULD NOT confirm that intriducing secondary index will improve the performance.

As I wrote you that first the performance analysis of the liveCache application scenario has to be done to identify the bottleneck. Was it in network, or in SCM DB, or in liveCache, or in call of LCA routine or in long run of SQL statement on //ordkey liveCache  table.

What is your SAP massage number?

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Did you provide solution? We are facing exactly same issue. Please provide input how it was solved.

Thanks,

Amit Lal

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit Lal,

The analysis of performance issue with SQL statement on : /SAPAPO/ORDKEY table has to be on your system. There are no general solution to "/SAPAPO/ORDKEY table having performance issues".

You could do analysis by yourself or create the SAP message & get SAP support.

Thank you & regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

In my case the performance issue was solved by introducing secondary index for table /SAPAPO/ORDKEY . Peformance improvement was very inpressive. To be more specific I had issue with a transaction called /SAPAPO/CDPS0 - Detailed planning board and found from debugging a select query from ordkey table was taking long time and interestingly the field key used is not in order of table also those dont form primary or seconday index. Hence had put secondary index and the performance is so sweet now.

LC10 is a very useful transaction and through this only you can view the secondary index their usage etc.

Please let me know if you have anymore or specific information.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The analysis of performance issue with SQL statement on : /SAPAPO/ORDKEY table has to be on your system. There are no general solution to "/SAPAPO/ORDKEY table having performance issues".

You could do analysis by yourself or create the SAP message & get SAP support.

In new SCM releases in /n/sapapo/om13, tab OrdkeyIndex has "Optimal Index" analysis, statistics & information.

Thank you & regards, Natalia Khlopina