Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop issuing delivery note from a particular bin

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our WH setup, there is a bin from where there shouldn't be any shipment. In case of shipment, the stock should be moved to different bin using Bin-to-bin transfer and then only they can create the delivery note.

Is there any way to stop issuing delivery note from a particular bin?

Some one please explain.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sham.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sham,

Create pick face storage type and assign removal strategy for sme , system will only pick from pick face once you complete bin to bin.

Does that answer your query.

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jinoy,

Thanks for your reply.

Here I have nothing to do with picking strategy because we already have batch determination strategy.

So my requirement is to throw some error message, if the delivery (VL01N) is created with batches which are in a particular bin location which is a interim location like GR-AREA.

Any idea?

Regards,

Sham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the blocking funcationality in the bin to stop issuing the material in LS02N,

Regards

Vijay

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

I cannot use that option because that will block bin-to-bin transfer too.

In my case it should only stop shipment (VL01N) and it should allow bin-to-bin transfer.

Basically the business is

* Receive the material in the WH (GR-Area)

* From GR-Area they do bin-to-bin transfer to target Bin

* Shipment should be done from the target bin

But as of now, the system is allowing to do the delivery from GR-Area, that should not happen. FYI, GR-Area is technically a Open Area in the system not an interim Location.

Regards,

Sham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If shipment should be done from only target bin, then you can use a fixed  bin strategy for stock removal for the storage type. So in this case you can only issue the material from the bin maintained in the material master and not from open area.

Regards

Vijay

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

We cannot use fixed bin strategy. Material can be placed anywhere based availability of bins.

Is there any settings in storage type where it should not allow any shipment (vl02n)?

Regards,

Sham.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no standard settings available at stoarge type level to block shipment for a particualr bin.

But you can use the 'user exit active' function to write your own logic to stop the shipment.

Regards

Vijay

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Vijay.