cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Destination not getting connected - IDoc to XI scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I want send an IDoc from R/3 System to Xi, I have created Two logical systems (Sender and Receiver correspondingly) and i have assigned the clients to them.

Once i create RFC destination, i have specified all my technical settings as well as Login/Security settings, once i click, "Remote Log On" it takes me directly to Login page of XI. Please guide me how to solve the problem. If i click Test---> Authorization, it prompts out with an error "Name and Password is incorrect (repeat Logon)", but i have given exact username and password.

I am a fresher to XI.... please give me some documents related to IDoc to XI scenario step by step to kumaraguru27@yahoo.com. I would be grateful and appreciate you if u would help me to sort out this problem....

Please give me step by step solutions.... Thanks in Advance...

Regards/Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The probelm was solved as the password was case-sensitive and after changing the password to digits it works fine...

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, we did ask you to do this.

<i> Try the User id and password with Capitals / Small.</i>

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the RFC destination did you select Current USer option? Deselect the same.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I haven't select Current User....

The problem is, i am not able to log on remotely to XI system...thru RFC destination... Without that i am not able to proceed furhter....

Regards/Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

wht is the error u r getting in rfc conncetion test tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the correct user it was configured or not..

And also see the below links

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/10/27/idoc146s-not-reaching-xi133-not-posted-in-the-receiver-sap-systems133

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

/people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/07/19/troubleshooting-of-ale-process

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my RFC destination, it doesn't accepts any username...as i gave some scrap username which doesn't exist, but still, it shows the test connection process....(Clicking on "Test Connection")... but i am unable to log on... i started to distribute the Partner Profile, but it throws "Unable to connect to XI system" which i have mentioned in my RFC destination...

Pls suggest...

Regards/Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To configure RFC Destination , you should use existed user and pwd , in caps, , and usr sholud have the authorisations..

So please check you have authorisation or not..

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the authorization roles required to create RFC Destination. The UserID should exist in Receiver System(XI) if it is from R/3 to XI.

Please mention the authorization roles and other stuff required to access the permission...

Regards/Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Guru,

did you configure all these

Requirements in R3 system:

1. Create RFC destination pointing to XI in SM59

2. Create port for XI using we21

3. create Outbound Entry in partner Profile for XI in we20.

Requirements in XI system:

1. Create Technical System pointing to the R3 system.

2. create Business System pointing to the R3 system.

If you want to send IIDOC out of XI,

1. SM59 - Create RFC destination

2. IDX1 - Create port

3. IDX2 - Import Metadata.

aND COMINGTO OUR PROBLEM U DONT REQUIRE USERID AND PASSWORD FOR RFC use RFC of type 3 i.e. TCP/IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

Nice to get a good support from you... the steps that u have provided will definitely help me.. provided the main obstacle that i face at my end is:

I am not able to log on remotely to XI system, currently i am using "R/3 Connection of type - 3".rather it prompts out with the log on screen. But if i give my username and password in the log on screen the same userID and password works well...

Since i am not able to log on remotely and create an remote log on for RFC destination, i am not able to move further steps..

<b>Note:</b>You adviced me to use "TCP/IP", please tell me how can i register Program ID for that and how can we log on remotely..as i haven't used so far.

Regards/Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

please do this

please first create a RFC connection in SM59 of R/3 . RFC should be of type TCP/IP . then click on register program give out PID name and in server details give XI serverdetails .

before test ing create a RFCadapter give PID created in R/3 Samename case senstitive and active the adapter and fill reaming thingin RFcadapter.

come again into R/3 and saveit and test it ti shopuld work.

if you any isues please post itagain

please reward points

Regards

Sreream.g.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

go to SM59.....Create a R/3 conn of type 3..........you need to connect R/3 to XI..

So the user - which you will give in logon tab - should be maintained in R/3.

This user should have SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER role assigned to it.

Then your this R/3 conn to XI will work.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...

I have one more query...pls tell me...then what is the procedure thru Type-3(Connection thru R/3 System)

What is the solution for my previous query...where i have done mistake...how it can be rectified...?

I will definitely reward youy points.

Thanks & Regards,

Guru...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Type-3 is TCP/IP connection the way it connects to XI. you will have option of creating RFC under HTTP.,TCP/IP , externalDrivers etc.

for this use create your RFCunder TCP/IP which is type -3..

please reward points

Regards

Sreream.G.Reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sreeram,

A Type 3 Connection is not a TCP IP connection. A Type 3 connection is a Connection to a R3 System.

A Tcp Ip Connection is a connection of type T.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

over looked betwwen tcp/ip and type-3 i.e. R/3

Message was edited by:

Sreeram Reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guru

To post a an Idoc to XI, you will need to do all the steps metnioned above, but the RFC destination created in SM59 will be a Type 3 connection -- > Connection to a R3 system.

Reasons as to why Remote Log on might not be working,

1. You are using a Service USer Id in the RFC destination. Service User Id's do not allow Remote Log on.

2. Try the User id and password with Capitals / Small.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for ur feedback... It was useful...

I have changed my user Type to Dialog (Previously it was "Service"), but still it doesn't log on remotely to XI.

Whether Dialog usertype will allow remote log on...?

pls suggest..

Regards/Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

can try loggin into XI box withe userid and password details speicifed in RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

Yes, i am able to log on with the same userID and Pasword used for Remote logon in XI system..

Please give me a solution, to overcome...is there any configuration has to be done for User level...if so pls precise them..

Regards/Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the clinet number and system number are same for XI box and in RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumara,

change the user type to System user....

give this user authorization group SUPER......

give this user role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER......

now try this to test your R/3 conn......now your R/3 conn should work....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It was a wonderful support from u all...

The problem was solved as the "Password" was case-sensitive...once i changed the password to digits..it works fine...

Thanks once again for all your support...

Regards/Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirements in R3 system:

1. Create RFC destination pointing to XI in SM59

2. Create port for XI using we21

3. create Outbound Entry in partner Profile for XI in we20.

Requirements in XI system:

1. Create Technical System pointing to the R3 system.

2. create Business System pointing to the R3 system.

If you want to send IIDOC out of XI,

1. SM59 - Create RFC destination

2. IDX1 - Create port

3. IDX2 - Import Metadata.

Note:u dont need a IDOC sender adapter or a Sender Agreement to sent a IDOC to XI.

Check dis link for more info:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

please refer to michel book on IDCO usage in XI

Message was edited by:

Sreeram Reddy