cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales return problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am having a doubt in sales return scenario, suppose if u have 50  sales orders for 1 customer and out of these your customer have returned 1 line item from each order  and now u dont know the sales order no and the billing doc no of those sales order ,now how will u create 1 return order for all these returned items

Thanks in Advance !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, you need to tell us, what is industry type for you client? And how they handle customer complaints?

As customer complaint process, may differ from industry to industry.

Generally, materials with shelf life are tracked through batch numbers and warranty related materials are tracked by serial numbers.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti prakash,

this scenario is for telecommunication industry for sale of sim cards and we have to get back the sim cards from the vendor ?

plz suggest

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, you have serial number on SIM packs.

Now, when the customer returns the SIM, you can capture the serial number.

Further, you can have provide this serial number while creating the sales order and validate the whether you have any existing serial number in system or not. Further you can have check on the status of the SIM. Like inactive/used/active, etc. Accordingly, with those serial numbers you can track the bases sales order for the sales for serial number history.

Are those sales consignment sales or normal sales?

Regards, JP

Message was edited by: JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP,

Thanks for your reply , i want to know that how to create return order for these sims can i create it after removing the copy control in return order from billing & normal order then create a normal return order with the returned items.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your statement is not clear.

removing the copy control in return order from billing

Can you elaborate your requirement?

Regards, JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chirag,

If you look at my earlier post:

TW wrote:

In this case, user can create a RE order without reference.

Please check if configuration settings permit creation of RE order without reference.

i want to know that how to create return order for these sims can i create it after removing the copy control in return order from billing & normal order then create a normal return order with the returned items.

1. Check if configuration settings permit to create RE order, if yes then no problem. If not,

2. Check with the business - if they would permit you to change Configuration settings, for this one-off case!

What configuration settings in SAP have to be changed would be the next logical step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean that i should create the return order without ref of order or delivery that can be done by removing copy control

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your return order’s sales doc type in TCode VOV8. If you see an entry in “Reference mandatory” as any value between A to M. Then you might have to go for new sales doc type for return. Which will not have this mandatory reference option and can cater your requirement to create a return order without any reference.

Else, you need not do any changes to current configuration. Try and create return order without any reference.

Regards, JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

In real-time processes, before doing such "drastic" changes, proper permission is needed to be taken.

Currently, if RE process is done ONLY with reference, there must be some business thought (business agreement) behind it.

Furthermore, for a one-off case, suggesting creation of a new sales document type; I would think about the "effort/cost vs benefit" of this suggestion.

With any change / creation (w.r.t configuration), there could be other impacts and hidden costs. Those too have to be taken care of. (testing etc.)

Please assume you are working for a client which has RE process with reference only. What action would you take? What actions would realistically be granted by the client / business?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, when we suggest or propose solution to a requirement, we have certain assumption.

In same time, for a real-time situation, we do understand there are change management guidelines laid by our clients. And we have to adhere that, without fail. But, there is process or mechanism for that. We can’t just go ahead and change as per our will.

Now, I have question.

- Whether change request is generated by consultant or it derived by your client?

- If the change request is through your client, then how are we going to handle this request?

FYI, standard sales doc type RE for return “Reference mandatory” field is blank. So, its upto the user, whether they want to have reference document or not.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP Sir

Thanks for the same reply, I have done same implementation where the client used to sale battery to wholesaler and there was warranty period in each battery and I have done like this.

Captured the serial number of each battery in delivery and with the help of user exist I have added Actual GI Date+ 2 years to cover the warranty period.

Now when the last consumer returned the goods we used to make a notification in the system and with the help of that notification number we used to check the warranty period of that battery  with serial number and if it falls within the period we used to replace the material.

Same process is fallowed in different industries: Like you buy washing machine from the showroom but when within period you find the defects in it, you return it to service center, where they take necessary action.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

Are those sales consignment sales or normal sales?

Thanks for your posts in this thread!

Could you please explain your thought behind asking the above question?

Now, I have question.

- Whether change request is generated by consultant or it derived by your client?

- If the change request is through your client, then how are we going to handle this request?

From my understanding, CR is created by consultants only after the "permission" by the client.

Please explain what point(s) you wanted to convey?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

For the part of: 'system checks whether the product (battery) is in the warranty period' - Which program, userexit, and (functionally) the specification was used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Sir

Sure will love to share, but sir can you tell me why I am not able to send you direct messages here .

In the meanwhile I will search that exit and will share.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

can you tell me why I am not able to send you direct messages here .

I think it is part of the rules of this forum, if AB is following XY, the XY can write / send a direct message to AB.

Now I am following you. Thus by my observation (logic) , you can DM me.

Lets test it , please drop me a DM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW

My intention was to understand about the sell process of those SIM's sales. As SIM is  completely sold, when the SIM is sold to end user and its got activated.

And for convey part, yes, we need to have look on all the aspect of change. But, its customer who's decision is final. And outright we can't reject or say,

for this one-off case! 

Hope that clarifies.

If possible, please share your experience in resolved these kind of change request.

Regards, JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chirag,

Is the question - User does not know what materials are being returned. In this case how to create a RE order?

Ashish,

Please explain more about your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW Sir,

If some one implement "Batch Management"  (it should be MM people concern), then in the time of book delivery of respective sales order, you need to put unique batch no, then PGI and Invoice.

Batch no. should come in delivery output as well as invoice.

Now in the return case if customer mentioned at-list batch no. in his return document, then vendor can easily find the respective sales order or invoice.

Regards

AJC

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chirag,

In this case, user can create a RE order without reference.

Please check if configuration settings permit creation of RE order without reference.

Side comment - Why does your company not know what are the sales orders / billing doc from which line items are being returned?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

As per my understanding, you need to implement "Batch Management" to fulfil your requirement,

Through batches you easily find which items are returned items from customer.

Any doubts do let me know

Regards

AJC