cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales organisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I am having a doubt that what is the need for creating 2 sales org can any one give me an example that why we create 2 sales org ?

suppose if we have one company reliance and we have 4 comp codes i.e power,telecommunication,mutual funds,oil

now how many sales org we will create in this type of scenario?

plz revert

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. of Sales org should be kept minimal.

I think you can have one sales org and 4 Business areas. These Business areas will be helpful in generating reports (internal reporting) and also you can do the profitability analysis segment wise like power, telecommunication, mutual funds and oil as each of these divisions will have their own revenues, sales targets and profit.

One Company Code- Reliance

This is just a suggestion asenterprise structure  for a company has lot of dependencies on other factors too.

Regards

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should based on your business needs. For company which has sales business, at leaat 1 SOrg per 1 company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

as other members suggested, company code configuration depends on your business policy and legal circumstance associated to that company like reliance. it is the job of FI people.

but coming to SD, you can define 4 or 8 sales organizations ( again it depends on your client requirement), in general, for example, if you have sales operation in India and others, you can define 2 sales organizations for each verticals

telecommunication - India - domestic sales org.

telecommunication - others - global or export sales org.

the above can applicable to power, mutual funds and oils.

warm regards,

jagadeesh

abhinav_sharma05
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sales organizations should be kept to a minimum; try to have only one per company

code. You should have a very good business reason to have more than one sales

organization per company code. You should only have another sales organization if the

company sells completely differently in an area—for example, if sales processed in India are handled differently to sales processed in USA.

A rule of thumb is that if the material can be sold in both sales organizations and there is

one company code, then there should only be one sales organization.

So in your case you need to have one sales org per Company Code

ripu123in
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create one sales org per company code.As Sales org. is the Highest Entity for the Sales in any company code.

Siva vasireddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi siva,

thanks for your reply !

I want to know that on what basis we will create sales org, how we will decide that we have to create 2 sales org or 1

plz revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

As per my understanding to fulfil your requirement

Clint and company code should be decide by FI-CO people, it should be 1 company code say "Reliance". Now come to sales-org part which is our concern(SD People), it should be 4, one for power, one for telecommunication, one for mutual funds, and one for oil.

For you information a sales org should create on the basis of "how you want to get sales report".

Hope this will help you

Regards

AJC

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have two company codes and you are doing separately for two different company codes then separate your Sales Organization.

E.G

Company Code                Sales Org     DC        Division

1000  Company A                  1000        00         00

2000  Company B                   2000       00         00

Hope this will help you